Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · If you happen to be in Duluth, MN...

arduluth
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · If you happen to be in Duluth, MN...

Then you should come check out the "One Year of Selective Focus" photo show opening tonight at the Red Herring Lounge in Duluth, MN on 4/8/16 from 5-7 PM. The photos will be up for a period after that, I'm not sure for how long.

Selective Focus is the photo feature of Perfect Duluth Day, the main local arts, entertainment, and community blog for the area. I've had quite a few photos of mine in Selective Focus since it began in November 2014, and will be represented by at least a few photos, including the lead photo for the show.

For more info: http://www.facebook.com/events/246941825647347/

I've grown a lot since getting into photography a few years ago. The alt forum have been a great source of inspiration for the two years I've been an active member.

The local paper did an article on the show yesterday. It's a bit surreal to see a photo of yours printed big in the news paper - an article about the show took up the front page of the A&E section of yesterday's paper, with a teaser on the front page. Small time, but it still feels great.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/features/ae/4003603-photographers-display-work-during-one-year-selective-focus

Hope no one minds me tooting my own horn, I'm sharing here because the FM forums have been a factor in my development. If doesn't belong here, let me know.

Have a great weekend!
Aaron

Apr 08, 2016 at 02:27 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · If you happen to be in Duluth, MN...

Congratulations, Aaron. That's fantastic. Is that your image on the Facebook banner?

Apr 08, 2016 at 02:37 PM
Steve Spencer
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · If you happen to be in Duluth, MN...

Congrats Aaron. It is also nice to have a show of one's work and yours is very worthy of a show. I hope you enjoy the experience.

Apr 08, 2016 at 02:42 PM
arduluth
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · If you happen to be in Duluth, MN...

freaklikeme wrote:
Congratulations, Aaron. That's fantastic. Is that your image on the Facebook banner?

Thank you much!

It is, yup! Not my favorite, but one the editor (Tim White) really likes, probably largely due to the back story. My niece at the circus, for the theme of "Tranquil." Not the most tranquil place - incredibly loud, moving lights everywhere, her siblings and my two kids squirming with excitement in their seats... yet she still was able to fall asleep halfway through the performance.

Apr 08, 2016 at 02:44 PM
arduluth
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · If you happen to be in Duluth, MN...

Steve Spencer wrote:
Congrats Aaron. It is also nice to have a show of one's work and yours is very worthy of a show. I hope you enjoy the experience.

Appreciate the kind words, Steve. I've only had my work up for public display in a context like this once before, so I still get pretty excited about it.

Apr 08, 2016 at 03:14 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · If you happen to be in Duluth, MN...

arduluth wrote:
Thank you much!

It is, yup! Not my favorite, but one the editor (Tim White) really likes, probably largely due to the back story. My niece at the circus, for the theme of "Tranquil." Not the most tranquil place - incredibly loud, moving lights everywhere, her siblings and my two kids squirming with excitement in their seats... yet she still was able to fall asleep halfway through the performance.

He was smart to use it. It is a lovely shot and the subject has broad appeal, even if you're not fully aware of the backstory.

Apr 08, 2016 at 06:46 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.