Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       end

Archive 2016 · New Hasselblad 100MP. Only $32.995!

Tmuussoni
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · New Hasselblad 100MP. Only $32.995!

D@mn, I Was hoping Hasselblad would have done something brave and innovative and this would have been a mirrorless. But no.. So all our hopes still rest on Ricoh/Fuji/Sony to bring the first mirrorless MF preferably with that 100MP 53.4 x 40.0mm CMOS Sony Sensor

Apr 09, 2016 at 08:36 AM
Antje
• • • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · New Hasselblad 100MP. Only $32.995!

Tariq Gibran wrote:
Most if not all on this forum know that Pentax is a brand of Ricoh. Many also know that Ricoh is not new to cameras as they started their camera business in 1937! They entered the business equipment segment later in 1955. So, Ricoh actually has a longer history with cameras than with office machinery...but I'm sure you knew that.

https://www.ricoh.com/about/company/history/1936/

I for one am baffled and shall return my Pentax I mean Ricoh 654Z immediately! Together with a harsh letter expressing my displeasure at having been so deceived. And here I thought that young man at the store was a honest salesman.

Back on topic, I would have loved to get a digital back for my Hasselblad. Seriously. I've been drooling all over their offerings since forever. My Hassy glass and digital? Yes please! But when I compared the backs and the Pentax 654Z, I bought a Hasselblad-to-Pentax645 adapter instead. As a crazy cat lady, I appreciate being able to take pictures of my cats at near darkness. (I did buy it for "regular" non-crazy-cat-lady reasons, but to be honest, that's what makes me smile.)

Antje

Apr 09, 2016 at 08:47 AM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · New Hasselblad 100MP. Only $32.995!

Tmuussoni wrote:
D@mn, I Was hoping Hasselblad would have done something brave and innovative and this would have been a mirrorless. But no.. So all our hopes still rest on Ricoh/Fuji/Sony to bring the first mirrorless MF preferably with that 100MP 53.4 x 40.0mm CMOS Sony Sensor

Please explain MF mirrorless. Won't using it as a back make it a mirrorless?

Apr 09, 2016 at 09:07 AM
Lee Saxon
• • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · New Hasselblad 100MP. Only $32.995!

ken.vs.ryu wrote:
Please explain MF mirrorless. Won't using it as a back make it a mirrorless?

View cameras are technically mirrorless, sure, but they're an antiquated and unwieldy cludge. Totally not user friendly.

When we talk about a mirrorless solution, we're generally imagining a modern, integrated solution - probably with an EVF - that's more convenient than an SLR, not less.

Apr 09, 2016 at 09:14 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · New Hasselblad 100MP. Only $32.995!

Tmuussoni wrote:

I'm betting on 33mm x 44mm.

Apr 09, 2016 at 10:03 AM
kdphotography
• • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · New Hasselblad 100MP. Only $32.995!

No "mirrorless" medium format digital in the sense that most may think of----but a nice compact mirrorless medium format digital camera system is available. Simply attach the digital back to a "pancake" technical camera with lens. The Alpa TC is tiny and makes for a great combination with the new CMOS sensored MFDBs. It is expensive, but much less than buying a boat. (that's what you tell your spouse) : )

My "mirrorless" medium format digital system is a tad bigger (than the Alpa TC) with a Cambo WRS and Rodenstock lenses---but it still packs lighter and smaller than my DSLR. And I have full movements (tilt, swing, rise/fall, shift).

Apr 09, 2016 at 10:11 AM
carlitos
• • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · New Hasselblad 100MP. Only $32.995!

What percentage of that $32995 do you suppose the 100Mp chip is?

$500?

42Mp, 70Mp, 100Mp - some interesting choices for Fuji & CaNikon packaging. I think the 42Mp has crossed the MF threshold. Interested in seeing what the 100Mp output looks like. Anybody on FM buying the Hasselblad? Lensrentals?

Apr 09, 2016 at 10:38 AM
Lee Saxon
• • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · New Hasselblad 100MP. Only $32.995!

kdphotography wrote:
No "mirrorless" medium format digital in the sense that most may think of----but a nice compact mirrorless medium format digital camera system is available. Simply attach the digital back to a "pancake" technical camera with lens. The Alpa TC is tiny and makes for a great combination with the new CMOS sensored MFDBs. It is expensive, but much less than buying a boat. (that's what you tell your spouse) : )

I'm not sure I understand that product at all. It looks to me like it's literally just a frame to attach a digital back to one side of and a lens board to the other side of. I don't understand why that's even being called a camera in reviews. That's an accessory mount. It ought to be made by Zacuto or Wooden Camera and priced similarly to their VDSLR "cages" which are of similar complexity.

Am I totally missing something? Does it have bellows in it or something?

Apr 09, 2016 at 11:49 AM
kparseg
• •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · New Hasselblad 100MP. Only $32.995!

Can current Hasselblad HC lenses work with H6d? Or all the lenses prior to H6d will be replaced with new ones with the new leaf shutter? Thank you.

Apr 09, 2016 at 12:10 PM
kdphotography
• • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · New Hasselblad 100MP. Only $32.995!

Lee Saxon wrote:
I'm not sure I understand that product at all. It looks to me like it's literally just a frame to attach a digital back to one side of and a lens board to the other side of. I don't understand why that's even being called a camera in reviews. That's an accessory mount. It ought to be made by Zacuto or Wooden Camera and priced similarly to their VDSLR "cages" which are of similar complexity.

Am I totally missing something? Does it have bellows in it or something?

It is rather difficult (imo) to explain in a post, but medium format digital requires extremely high levels of precision. You can not simply slap a MFDB on any view camera or other "cages"---far from it. Technical cameras such as those from Alpa, Arca, and Cambo offer exceptional CNC machined quality, at a high price point. Movements do not require a "bellows." Movements, for example on the Cambo, are on the camera or "rear standard" with tilt and swing based on the lens mount, generally Schneider or Rodenstock lenses.

Most would consider this "rarified air" territory---and it really is simply "pure" photography albeit with a modern medium format digital back. You can get a better idea looking at the Cambo RS at www.cambo.com or similar technical cameras at Alpa or Arca.

ken

Apr 09, 2016 at 12:31 PM
Tareq
• • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · New Hasselblad 100MP. Only $32.995!

If i accepted to work with an authority that called me to work for them then i can afford this camera, but i feel i will never be able to buy another digital medium format, so the only hope is to find out if i can trade in my current old model DMF so i can save and pay the difference to get this one, i did trade in my H3DII-39 to get H4D-60 with the only dealer in my country, i don't know this trading in plan is still available.

Apr 09, 2016 at 12:46 PM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · New Hasselblad 100MP. Only $32.995!

your h4d is worth €10,400 for an h6d-100c

http://www.hasselblad.com/products/h6d-trade-in-program/

Apr 09, 2016 at 02:48 PM
Tareq
• • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · New Hasselblad 100MP. Only $32.995!

ken.vs.ryu wrote:
your h4d is worth €10,400 for an h6d-100c

http://www.hasselblad.com/products/h6d-trade-in-program/

I see, almost nearly what i paid for H4D from H3DII [i remember it was something around €9500].

Also, having that trade in is way cheaper than if i sell my body only and then add more, i doubt i can sell my body for minimum $20k.

Apr 09, 2016 at 04:56 PM
Tareq
• • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · New Hasselblad 100MP. Only $32.995!

and according to the link you gave me, how come i pay more if i have latest model of Hasselblad? or is it that the value of the older model? because how come that H 16mp up to H4D-31 is around €7000-7900 while H4D-60 is €10400?

Apr 09, 2016 at 04:59 PM
Joshua Lowe
• •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · New Hasselblad 100MP. Only $32.995!

What is the market for this camera? Museums and high end auction houses?

Apr 11, 2016 at 12:37 AM
Beni
• • • • • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · New Hasselblad 100MP. Only $32.995!

We paid more for our Leaf Aptus II-8 (40 megapixel) with camera and lens just three years ago.

Apr 11, 2016 at 05:46 AM
finster1018
• • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · New Hasselblad 100MP. Only $32.995!

Lee Saxon wrote:
8K also basically doesn't exist yet although supposedly there are some pre-release Weapon Dragon 8Ks out in the wild. So in reality, even the most expensive films shown in IMAX theaters are mostly shot in 4K or 35mm with one or two major showpiece scenes shot in 65mm.

I find that surprising since it seems that some Hollywood directors have been shooting in 8K and down sampling to 4K for a couple of years now. Of course one company in Japan is exclusively 8K so maybe that was true like 5 years ago. But maybe I misunderstood your comments were restricted to medium format and consumer cameras in general. Seems like 8K or perhaps even 12K would be the new standard in IMAX resolution.

Edited on Apr 22, 2016 at 09:22 AM · View previous versions

Apr 22, 2016 at 08:14 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · New Hasselblad 100MP. Only $32.995!

alundeb wrote:
I am waiting for someone to test it against a compact camera like the RX100 and not be able to separate them in large prints, like here

Good post and well worth cogitating on.

Apr 22, 2016 at 09:05 AM

p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · New Hasselblad 100MP. Only $32.995!

A Sony sensor? Well, it looks like there can be a Hasselblad / Sony partnership that doesn't suck after all!

Apr 23, 2016 at 12:51 PM
dale keith
• •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · New Hasselblad 100MP. Only $32.995!

I am waiting for my Hasse coupon then I will be ready to buy

May 12, 2016 at 07:38 PM
1       2      
       4       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.