FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2016 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

I liked the pose for a twins shoot. What is your point? You sound like a sour grape. Go away.

erictographer wrote:
And focus stacking is not heavy photoshopping? You see, nothing wrong with admitting your work is far from "natural".

Hey you twins and a few of your images look quite familiar to Sam and a few guys on 500px I had the pleasure to browse just now. The site is amazing too some of us should check it out. Guess the world is even more photoshop than ever:

https://500px.com/photo/133092617/c-l-by-portraitsbysam?ctx_page=1&from=user&user_id=1582313

Apr 14, 2016 at 01:45 PM
Vcook
• • •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

Lisa_Holloway wrote:
I liked the pose for a twins shoot. What is your point? You sound like a sour grape. Go away.

I like the pose too, my kids are close enough in age and look enough alike that I totally wanted to do this. I assumed it was a focus stack but thanks for confirming! Great stuff!

Apr 14, 2016 at 02:02 PM
erictographer

[X]
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

Lisa_Holloway wrote:

Not at all, sorry if you are offended. I was just pointing something out. At least you admit to it. I've been seeing a lot of young photographers your age doing this trend. The same applies to music. But what would a senior like myself know right?

Apr 14, 2016 at 02:25 PM
Focus Locus
• • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

The same DOES apply to music, now that you point it out. We very clearly can distinguish music from 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's etc. Even though the songs are different, and the artists are different, there is yet tone in common that characterizes the decade. Yet even while music seemed to copy each other within a period of time... popular music still changed.

I think emulation is a natural and healthy part of the creative process of evolvement. We recreate what we see and hear, which informs our sensibilities, and since we can't see and hear everything, we naturally infuse both the limitations of our inputs, and the permutations of our outputs, into creating similar, but different work.

Apr 14, 2016 at 02:47 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

Hello Lisa...............I'm a little late here to appreciate the beauty in your work and in your subjects but all certainly harmonize in a most pleasing way

It is pure pleasure to be immediately immersed in an image, you accomplish that seamlessly and in a very natural way. The behind the scenes thoughts and comps you work out make a strong impact visually and leave many of us wondering 'how did you do that' ................I prefer not to know how, I simply enjoy the results

Truly beautiful on all accounts and thanks for sharing your images!
Karl

Apr 16, 2016 at 09:08 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

I don't post on Lisa's threads, but I feel compelled to comment.

Obviously, Lisa is actively purusing the web for inspiration and ideas. That's a good thing. She came across Sam's portrait that uses focus stacking, which I'm assuming is a new or little used technique by Lisa. She likes the outcome and decides to try her hand at it. That's also a good thing. Her results are good enough that it is not obvious how she achieved deep focus. Her execution of the technique is as good, if not better than Sam's.

In considered prefacing my next remark with some history and qualifications, but decided to set all that aside so as not to have my point deflected by the extraneous. I commend Lisa for looking for and trying new things. She does a good job of incorporating new ideas into her style.

Recently I've become interested in adding textures to still lifes and landscapes and have looked at hundreds of examples. I've found several sources of textures, purchased them and have had a great time learning how to apply them to my images. I recommend going out and learning a new technique to enliven your enjoyment of photography. I encourage you to share the results of your efforts.

My last thought has to do with the use of Photoshop. I chuckled at comments from both sides of the fence. I guess some would consider even my most subtle and restrained post processing as "heavily Photoshopped". The more I learn, the more layers I use. Simple images have four or five adjustment and retouching layers. It's not uncommon for my images to have a lot more, some making minute adjustments. I'm also unabashed in its use. I had a lovely cityscape of the Tuscan town of Sienna. The skyline was gorgeous except for the ugly yellow crane directly adjacent to the town hall clock tower. I'm sure it will be dismantled as soon as its work is done. I had no problem "dismantling" it in my photo. You'd never know it was there, thanks to Photoshop!

Apr 16, 2016 at 12:42 PM
unclechuck
• • •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

Lisa

Congratulations on a remarkable achievement: 34 Feature wins is impressive --- but not a surprise to regular followers of your work !!!

These past five years we have seen (and often are amazed) at your steady progression. There can be no doubt this achievement reflects talent, intelligence and a lot of hard work.

The TOOLS --- cameras, lenses, lighting and software --are available to anyone who can afford them:

RESULTS belong to those who pay the price of total personal commitment to using those tools to achieve their vision. And you generously shared your vision and motivation.

[url=

[/url]

Again, Congratulations!

Charles

Apr 16, 2016 at 01:46 PM
PanS
• •
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

Amazing work as always Lisa!

Apr 16, 2016 at 09:40 PM
Kenneth Farver
• • •
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

This is just So Over The Top!
To the Moon & Back!
Unbelievable with their expressions and the positions of their bodies.
The Red Rocks don't hurt either.
Congrats!

Apr 18, 2016 at 06:50 PM
• •
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

Congrats Lisa......Well Done!

INDEED!

CB

Apr 21, 2016 at 04:50 PM
mkalthoum

p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

Stunning images!

Apr 23, 2016 at 11:55 PM
Thor Thorsson
• •
p.4 #12 · p.4 #12 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

I like the last two most.

Apr 29, 2016 at 03:10 PM
SvdWijst

p.4 #13 · p.4 #13 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

Holy crap, these shots are gorgeous

May 01, 2016 at 09:17 AM
cbizzo

p.4 #14 · p.4 #14 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

Incredible work!

May 03, 2016 at 02:06 PM
Biggerbeard

p.4 #15 · p.4 #15 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

Oh wow I didn't even see this earlier. You do great work too. Not many of here seem that professional. I like yours and fotohouse right now.

May 03, 2016 at 02:08 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.