New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       end

Archive 2016 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

Congratulations to Lisa_Holloway for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 10 votes - View Previous Winners

I've known Hailee & Jaci since they went to preschool with my eldest daughter many moons ago. I always thought they were adorable little girls, and they have since grown into beautiful young ladies. I couldn't tell them apart when they were toddlers, and even now it is difficult. They are fraternal twins but have very similar features. Jaci is a few inches taller now than Hailee though, and that was the only way I could figure out who is who. My goal with this shoot was to capture the twin bond that they share, and I'd like to think that you can see that in these pictures of them.

We started off doing some studio portraits, and then headed outdoors to the red rocks. All images were done with natural light, including the studio images which were done in their garage. I used the 85L for all of the studio portraits except for the laying down pose, which was taken with the Sigma 50mm art lens - it is one of the sharpest lenses I have ever used! The outdoor portraits were all done with the 200L except for #11, which is the 85L again. Thanks for looking!

7a

Edited on Apr 11, 2016 at 11:31 PM · View previous versions

Apr 08, 2016 at 01:38 AM
Pguts

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

Gorgeous ladies and mind blowing photography as always Lisa. The colors absolutely pop right out and you barely do any PP, if any at all, correct?

Favorites are definitely #2 and #9. The Black and white is superb and #9 radiates with their smiles.

Apr 08, 2016 at 01:45 AM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

I couldn't find the Featured Thread button fast enough.

Apr 08, 2016 at 01:52 AM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

Thank you so much! @Pguts, I do enjoy my post processing and like to play with colors and contrast - not going to deny it. lol

Apr 08, 2016 at 01:56 AM
Pguts

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

You don't over do it though and it complements the pictures extremely well in this case! Definitely with nolaguy on this one about not finding the button quick enough to vote for it.

Apr 08, 2016 at 01:59 AM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

Pguts wrote:
...and you barely do any PP, if any at all, correct?

Going to step out of line and jump in on this one.

Lisa has always been very transparent on her post work including posting before and after photos - so generous and speaks well of her confidence as an artist.

Her talents span the entire spectrum of photography and editing. She takes our breath away by inspiration, talent, and by design. She's sort of mean that way.

Apr 08, 2016 at 02:00 AM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

Thank you, I really appreciate that.

Apr 08, 2016 at 02:01 AM
KirkB
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

Very nice studio work... the outdoor shots with the red rocks provide a really beautiful setting for these pretty girls.
In addition to the gorgeous light and color you capture, your choice of compositions are always so well seen Lisa... masterful work.

Kirk

Apr 08, 2016 at 02:01 AM
gempixel
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

Gorgeous set, Love the black and whites and the last one for it's color!

Apr 08, 2016 at 02:09 AM
Squirrely Eyed
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

While they're all great & classic Lisa quality & feel, I keep coming back to #2. It fascinates me because it is borderline awkward yet oh-so-nicely composed and, as usual, you rocked the light.

Apr 08, 2016 at 03:27 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

Thank you so much.

Apr 08, 2016 at 04:49 AM
scottish

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

I love the contrast in expressions in #2, Lisa. One girl looks dreamy & distant, and set against the direct gaze of her nearly identical sister behind her, there's a tension that keeps me jumping back & forth between them. Amazing photos and thanks for sharing.

Apr 08, 2016 at 05:20 AM
ShahanaPinky
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

The two girls look very beautiful in these photos.

Apr 08, 2016 at 06:44 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

Another fine set, Lisa.
Interesting alignment of their heads in the head-to-head shot. That's not what usually comes to mind, but it works.

PS - how about a new avatar? Not digging the sunglasses.

Apr 08, 2016 at 12:42 PM
John Webb
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

Very nice, every image is excellent but #1, #2 and #13 would be my favorites. Love your B&W treatment but the warm vs cool tones in the last really are gorgeous.

Regards

Apr 08, 2016 at 01:10 PM
Vcook
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

Another wonderful set, really they're all excellent shots, creative poses with great lighting.

There is only one small thing that jumps out at me and that's the eyelashes, particularly on red dress(Hailee?). If they were pumped up in post I'd dial them back a little.

Apr 08, 2016 at 01:32 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

Thanks everyone. Yes, I wasn't a huge fan of the lashes either and they were told 'light, natural' makeup but that's how it was when I showed up so not much I could do in that arena. I've seen worse. And Jim, what's wrong with my avatar? lol

Apr 08, 2016 at 01:39 PM
unclechuck
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

My goal with this shoot was to capture the twin bond that they share

Mission Accomplished!

Remarkable in every aspect; you captured their bond, their personalities and their beauty.

One of your strongest series, which is saying a lot!

Charles

Apr 08, 2016 at 01:55 PM
djb663

p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

Wow! I have been a fan of your work for a while now. It baffles me, especially on the outdoor stuff, how you're able to get the range that you get with natural light. Did you filter the light coming in from the garage windows or is it just positioning of the young ladies? Don't ever stop posting your stuff...

Apr 08, 2016 at 01:58 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Hailee & Jaci {a twin sister shoot}

djb663 wrote:
Wow! I have been a fan of your work for a while now. It baffles me, especially on the outdoor stuff, how you're able to get the range that you get with natural light. Did you filter the light coming in from the garage windows or is it just positioning of the young ladies? Don't ever stop posting your stuff...

Thank you again, everyone, I really appreciate you all taking the time to look and leave your thoughts. My garage setup is pretty ghetto but it's something I figured out playing around in my own garage over the years and it works. These were taken in their garage, so it pretty much will work in any garage so long as there is not direct sunlight pouring in. I have a huge swath of black fleece fabric that I clamp across the open garage door at the bottom to block off the bottom 3 feet or so. This prevents up lighting from the driveway reflection. The driveway acts as a huge reflector and it always bothered me that it would look like my subjects had a light shining right up their nose because of it. This black fabric prevents that and essentially turns the open garage door into one huge window. From there, it is just a matter of positioning to get areas of shadow and highlight. I never have them facing straight out of the open garage, always turned at an angle for more dimensional light.

Apr 08, 2016 at 02:03 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password