Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Sold: sold

flyingpalm
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: sold

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   sold

Sold

Price: $1.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean
Shipping instructions: Canada Post

sold

Edited on Apr 30, 2016 at 03:34 PM · View previous versions

Apr 06, 2016 at 02:04 PM
amci4
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: sold

This thing looks awesome... Are there any affordable lenses for this body?

Apr 07, 2016 at 07:07 PM
flyingpalm
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: sold

amci4 wrote:

I believe so
You can try Leica LTM lenses with adapter or some voigtlander M mount lenses.

Apr 07, 2016 at 07:13 PM
Buffalonian
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sold: sold

amci4 wrote:

If you aren't buying the Noctilux, there sure are. Mind you, you'll be relegated to the bargain bins of KEH and Adorama, but you can find them.

I would suggest a 21mm (28mm on the M8), 35mm (~48mm on the M8), and 50mm (~67mm on an M8) of some sort.

If you get an 18mm (24mm on M8), spend some money and get the Zeiss copy. Architecture / wide angle lenses from them are worth the money.

21, 35mm lenses from Voigtlander are reasonable in comparison to the Leica lenses. They are also flatter / smaller w/ standard hood threads. Stay away from Voigtlander ultra-wide lenses beyond 21mm as they suffer from pretty bad shadowing at the edges. The Skopar lenses are my favorite.

Leica 50mm LTM and M-mount alike, are the best in the world at this focal length. I own a Summicron (aka 'cron) Dual-Range 50mm f/2 myself (had to shave it down on the back to fit, but its awesome) that has been modified, and a Summarit 50mm f/1.5 that has 12 blades so bokeh is ridiculous. It will be a little soft, but I shoot wide open and prefer it's look. Some people hate it, and most love it.

If you buy something older than 2000, have it cleaned.

Ye - I consider one of the best people to work with. He's fast, does a great job, and if you want to keep a lens for a lifetime, have it cleaned / CLA'd by him.

http://www.yyecamera.com/

Also, the M8 is a bit slippery. The Leica plate + grip is one piece and is _the_ best to hold the Leica with. Do not get a cheap knock off, because it could rip / ripple your base plate.

Good luck.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/_zprime/24936547763/in/dateposted/ <--- my Leica + cron.

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:38 AM
Pepe Guitarra
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sold: sold

Get the Leica Summicron 50/2 Rigid on the M8, that is the only one you need to get started and produce the most wonderful black and white photos.

Apr 11, 2016 at 12:04 PM
flyingpalm
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sold: sold

$1050 for quick sale.

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:31 AM
mhighman

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sold: sold

I hate that this is sitting here.. Tempting me!

Apr 29, 2016 at 10:59 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.