New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Eye on East Village Politics

eeneryma
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Eye on East Village Politics

In the East Village this is the way the wind blows. Whatever your persuasion, all eyes are on this election like no other in recent or past history. My fervent hope is not red or blue, but that in the end our red, white and blue ultimately wins...

Your photographic comments and suggestions appreciated.

Steve

© eeneryma 2016

Eye on East Village Politics

Apr 04, 2016 at 09:50 PM
ShahanaPinky
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Eye on East Village Politics

Nicely done!!

Apr 05, 2016 at 12:33 AM
lighthound
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Eye on East Village Politics

eeneryma wrote:
Your photographic comments and suggestions appreciated.

Steve

You just had to put that one word in there didn't ya.

Well... I'll just say your image evokes strong emotional feelings and call it a day.
So from that stand point I would say your image is a success! Mission accomplished.

Sorry, the smilies made me do it.

Apr 05, 2016 at 08:37 AM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Eye on East Village Politics

ShahanaPinky wrote:
Nicely done!!

Thanks Shahana!

Steve

Apr 05, 2016 at 09:16 AM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Eye on East Village Politics

lighthound wrote:
You just had to put that one word in there didn't ya.

Well... I'll just say your image evokes strong emotional feelings and call it a day.
So from that stand point I would say your image is a success! Mission accomplished.

Sorry, the smilies made me do it.

Politics can be treacherous ground. Smiles are good no matter one's viewpoint. Very much appreciate you're looking and commenting!

Steve

Apr 05, 2016 at 09:27 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Eye on East Village Politics

Well taken and possible to interpret as an endorsement or sarcastic statement, making it even better
Nice job Steve

Scott

Apr 05, 2016 at 10:07 AM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Eye on East Village Politics

sbeme wrote:
Well taken and possible to interpret as an endorsement or sarcastic statement, making it even better
Nice job Steve

Scott

Thanks Scott. My take is that politics is a process that hopefully brings us closer and serves our needs. Things are rarely black or white, usually a shade of gray.

Steve

Apr 05, 2016 at 10:27 AM
beanpkk
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Eye on East Village Politics

I'm wondering about the composition -- the interesting stuff seems to be on the right half of the frame, with the left half devoted almost entirely to the door with those strange shapes in it. I think you probably did it this way on purpose and wonder if you could explain it a bit.....

The photo of the man in the window in front of Bernie -- is that Dr. ML King? Pardon my ignorance here.

I like the partially obscured sign: fill-in-the-blank power on several lines. I'm dying to know what the rest of the sign says!

keith

PS I suppose one really can register to vote there?

Apr 05, 2016 at 05:23 PM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Eye on East Village Politics

beanpkk wrote:
I'm wondering about the composition -- the interesting stuff seems to be on the right half of the frame, with the left half devoted almost entirely to the door with those strange shapes in it. I think you probably did it this way on purpose and wonder if you could explain it a bit.....

The photo of the man in the window in front of Bernie -- is that Dr. ML King? Pardon my ignorance here.

I like the partially obscured sign: fill-in-the-blank power on several lines. I'm dying to know what the rest of the sign says!

keith

Funny u should ask. I was out shopping with my wife and daughter who decided to go into a bakery a couple of doors down. While i was waiting for them to return, i started taking street photos of nearby stores and people passing by. The memory card sat in my camera for a couple of weeks before i downloaded and looked at what i had shot. I'm not really sure what this "club" or store is all about, except that the colors and shapes and people pictured attracted my attention.
U are correct that martin luther king is the gentleman in front of bernie sanders. Lately sanders has been courting the "black" vote to gain traction against hillary, so i guess it's a political advertisement of some sort. Sorry i can't provide more info.
I live in the east village nyc and there's always a show of sorts going on. My passion is street photography as i'm sure u know. 😄

Apr 05, 2016 at 06:05 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.