FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Alli & Tyler at Brandywine

matsmithphotography
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Alli & Tyler at Brandywine

These two had a quick ceremony in a state park and hung out for some portraits afterwards. Their wedding was meant for August, but some issues with insurance destined them to be married now haha. All so they could still take a trip to Peru in May, which sill be awesome. This was the first wedding (ceremony) that I shot as primary. They're happy. Thought I'd share some work here.

Thanks for taking a look!

Apr 02, 2016 at 07:43 PM
DannyBostwick
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Alli & Tyler at Brandywine

Been meaning to give these some notes --

1. The horizion seems crooked to me, and there's way to much space on the edges with nothing in them. I see the idea of the lines of shadows crossing the leading lines of the path, this might have been achieved better by shooting portrait orientation

2. Good awareness, but it took a while of to understand what they were looking at, the dog gets lost in the background, get closer.

3. Mostly good, but crop it in a bit tighter, the edges are pretty bare.

4. Get closer.

5. I liked this one a lot, again, you could crop a bit tighter, or have gotten a bit closer to balance the image out. Not much on the right side, it's out of balance to be honest.

6. Great moment, again, could be balanced better left to right but adjusting the space between her shoulder and the edge of the image.

8. I like it a lot, but I wish they were a little brighter, turn the light up, or brush them in LR, to make them stand out a bit more. Her skin tone is way too orange, too.

9. Pretty great, but I wish it was all shifted down a little bit. Not enough of her, too much grass. Also not much tone in the black and whites, play with the mid tones a bit more.

10. Favorite one of the set to be honest. Maybe balance it out so it's either in the middle or in the left third of the image.

11. I like the idea, but too much dark area, just really dark in total. Bring it up a bit idea.

12. I like the overall composition, but the branch in the middle doesn't do much but distract my eye.

Lots of things I said to do better there, but they'll be stoked, I think the big take away is to clean up the edges and focus on balance in your compositions. Content wise they're all pretty good and you captured some good moments, your on the right track, keep diggin.

Apr 04, 2016 at 02:49 PM
matsmithphotography
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Alli & Tyler at Brandywine

Thanks for the feedback, Danny!

Apr 04, 2016 at 02:58 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.