New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Model Release app for Canada or multi-country

Paul_R_Canada
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Model Release app for Canada or multi-country

Hi all, I'm looking for some help on model releases. I'm ideally looking for a release app i can carry on my smartphone that is legal to use in Canada and the USA if possible (something as good as a paper release or better) does such a thing exist?

I also know different provinces/states have different laws, would be great to find one that had appropriate jurisdiction settings you select before the model signs to be accurate... Maybe wishfull thinking but this is what i would like to find...

Any help or advice would be great..

Thanks,

Paul..

Apr 02, 2016 at 07:14 AM
Paul_R_Canada
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Model Release app for Canada or multi-country

shshshshs --- the wind blows and the tumble weeds go by - - anyone??

OK I'll help myself, Easy Release was one suggested by a friend, anyone with any experience using this?

Also has anyone been challenged in court or by a photo site refusing work without a paper hard copy?

Apr 03, 2016 at 10:40 AM
saaketham
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Model Release app for Canada or multi-country

I downloaded Easy Release at the advice of a photographer friend who shoots many models each month. I downloaded it right then during a shoot, and it was easy .. you fill out the model's name, date of birth, address, phone number, email. Then you take a photo of the model with your cell phone itself and then make the model sign on the cell phone. Then you save it and you can email it to the model and you and it comes in as PDF. You cannot later go and change the release on the app - and that's good. I would recommend Easy Release.

Apr 04, 2016 at 10:33 AM
Paul_R_Canada
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Model Release app for Canada or multi-country

Great thanks for the feedback

saaketham wrote:
I downloaded Easy Release at the advice of a photographer friend who shoots many models each month. I downloaded it right then during a shoot, and it was easy .. you fill out the model's name, date of birth, address, phone number, email. Then you take a photo of the model with your cell phone itself and then make the model sign on the cell phone. Then you save it and you can email it to the model and you and it comes in as PDF. You cannot later go and change the release on the app - and that's
...Show more

Apr 06, 2016 at 10:04 AM
highcontrast
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Model Release app for Canada or multi-country

I've been using Easy Release for probably 3-4 years. I really like it, and both you and the model (or property owner, as there's also a property release included) can be emailed a PDF copy of the release right there on the spot - immediately upon signature.

No idea if it's considered legally valid in Canada, though. Maybe the developer's website has info on that point?

Apr 16, 2016 at 06:53 AM
Paul_R_Canada
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Model Release app for Canada or multi-country

highcontrast wrote:
I've been using Easy Release for probably 3-4 years. I really like it, and both you and the model (or property owner, as there's also a property release included) can be emailed a PDF copy of the release right there on the spot - immediately upon signature.

No idea if it's considered legally valid in Canada, though. Maybe the developer's website has info on that point?

Great thanks highcontrast, appreciate your thoughts and input... Easy Release looks like the way rto go..

Apr 17, 2016 at 07:38 PM
JBPhotog
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Model Release app for Canada or multi-country

And if you are so inclined you can customize the language in the legal release to best suit your jurisdiction. You can also brand the releases with your logo to make it your own.

Apr 21, 2016 at 03:21 PM
kaitlyn2004
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Model Release app for Canada or multi-country

There is Releases by 500px (I work at 500px!) - and it's a fellow Canadian company... support local!

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/releases-by-500px/id969077993?mt=8

May 07, 2016 at 05:13 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.