Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · stitching & panorama software?

Merlin_AZ
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · stitching & panorama software?

Make sure you shoot vertical and overlap by 20-25%.
Definitely do experimenting at home before you go.

Apr 06, 2016 at 05:19 AM
OntheRez
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · stitching & panorama software?

Psychic 1,
I've looked at rails and pano heads (mostly at RRS - prices that give me a headache). Just exactly how do use a rail? Slide it along horizontally taking shots with some over lap? How would it work in the vertical? I live in the desert where we have some infinite horizons. I can't seem to really capture the expanse with my 24TSE so I must be doing something wrong.

Advice from you or others would be greatly appreciated.

Rober

Apr 08, 2016 at 11:14 AM
adamx12m
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · stitching & panorama software?

OntheRez wrote:
Psychic 1,
I've looked at rails and pano heads (mostly at RRS - prices that give me a headache). Just exactly how do use a rail? Slide it along horizontally taking shots with some over lap? How would it work in the vertical? I live in the desert where we have some infinite horizons. I can't seem to really capture the expanse with my 24TSE so I must be doing something wrong.

Advice from you or others would be greatly appreciated.

Rober

Alot of videos on youtube about finding the nodal point which is what the rail is used for on top of the 360 degree panning head. The camera is moved forward/backwards along the rail to find the nodal point for the lens being used.

Apr 08, 2016 at 12:26 PM
Dragonfire
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · stitching & panorama software?

OntheRez - I started with the Chinese knock-offs because I wanted to be sure before I waste a lot of money, and I discovered there is very little/if any difference in quality and function.

1DsIII - I found the TS-E24L nodal point at 75 and 135L at 150 and I am getting ready to setup the 400L 5.6 for New York Harbor from NJ.

I just sent my Times square pano to print at 24x60 and now I must wait until next week.

It was a well spent $75.00 and it another photography frontier to master.

Find the thread Panomania.

Apr 08, 2016 at 02:50 PM
       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.