FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Excited about the new Godox/Cheetah system

LeeSimms
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Excited about the new Godox/Cheetah system

I had a great conversation the other day with Ed from Cheetahstand and he says they'll be carrying all the new Godox models with sorted-out firmware by the time wedding season gets cranking.

I'm so looking forward to shooting with bare bulbs again, this time with 360 watts, HSS, TTL, and on-the-fly triggering by Canon, Nikon AND Sony (multiple brands and trigger the same lights if they have the correct trigger — $50 — from Godox/Cheetah)

Fingers crossed it all works the way they say it will. I'm so pumped. By June they should be good to go. Sony might not be full available until July.

Mar 30, 2016 at 05:58 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Excited about the new Godox/Cheetah system

I hate to be that guy.....

But I bought the new system, the X1N and the XT16 receivers for my Godox flashes (and updated the firmware). We tried to use them at a wedding and it was a major fail. We had inconsistent firing, inconsistent on camera flash and other issues. I'm super bummed. Luckily we had taken our old system and switched back before it mattered.

I still need to play around with them to make sure it wasn't user error, but we were pretty disappointed. Let's hope I'm wrong. I'd love to hear from others...

Mar 30, 2016 at 07:49 PM
S-Man23
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Excited about the new Godox/Cheetah system

I'm pretty excited too. The studio I frequently work with has pre-ordered 3 CL-600X's, I'm planning on ordering a couple of CL-V860X's, and they should all work together according to promises. I hope Cheetah have worked out their problems by then.

Mar 30, 2016 at 08:14 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Excited about the new Godox/Cheetah system

I'm very excited about these too. Especially being able to use multiple systems with them, for me Nikon/Sony. I'm always very hesitant to buy into new unproven foreign made gear, I've been burnt more than once through the years. I will probably wait until everything is available from Cheeta before buying in. Even so I will be patience.

Mar 30, 2016 at 08:39 PM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Excited about the new Godox/Cheetah system

Tony, you just killed my high

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:11 PM
FrancisK7
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Excited about the new Godox/Cheetah system

I just pre-ordered a V860II and ordered X1N-T trigger.

Will report back when I get them and had a chance to test.

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:54 PM
level1photog
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Excited about the new Godox/Cheetah system

Tony, I have the new godox ad360 II with x1 transmitter. I used it for multiple engagement and weddings and it's great. I had problem at first but after firmware upgrade, it has been reliable.

I also bought the new godox ad600b to complete my system. Although the AD360II is enough to shoot against the midday sun, I found it's not recycling fast enough, even with the two in one cable, resulting no fire. I have to wait for the confirmation beep or else no fire. The godox ad600b should change that quickly. Eventually I want to replace my yongnuo 560 flash to godox manual flash. I would have a complete system with one trigger to do wedding, engagement, and studio shoot. All my lighting is way cheaper than 1/2 of profoto B2 setup too!

Mar 31, 2016 at 04:46 AM
glort
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Excited about the new Godox/Cheetah system

MRomine wrote:
for me Nikon/Sony.
I'm always very hesitant to buy into new unproven foreign made gear,

You mean foreign made gear like Nikon and Sony?

Sorry, but 99% of gear is foreign made these days no matter where you live unless it's japan or China.

Mar 31, 2016 at 06:10 AM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Excited about the new Godox/Cheetah system

Pre-ordered the trigger/reciever combo too.
Talking with Ed... ships around mid April. April 20th i believe.

-Mark

Mar 31, 2016 at 07:56 AM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Excited about the new Godox/Cheetah system

glort wrote:
You mean foreign made gear like Nikon and Sony?

Sorry, but 99% of gear is foreign made these days no matter where you live unless it's japan or China.

Ha, you are correct, a better choice of words would have been, buying direct from China. Is seems that QC when buying direct is not the same level of QC when purchasing through a state side retailer.

Mar 31, 2016 at 08:08 AM
BigIronCruiser
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Excited about the new Godox/Cheetah system

level1photog wrote:
Tony, I have the new godox ad360 II with x1 transmitter. I used it for multiple engagement and weddings and it's great. I had problem at first but after firmware upgrade, it has been reliable.

I also bought the new godox ad600b to complete my system. Although the AD360II is enough to shoot against the midday sun, I found it's not recycling fast enough, even with the two in one cable, resulting no fire. I have to wait for the confirmation beep or else no fire. The godox ad600b should change that quickly. Eventually I want to replace my yongnuo 560
...Show more

Are you shooting Nikon? I have an X1-N and 360II-N, and I'm seeing significant under-exposure issues (nearly 2 stops) at 1/250 in both manual mode and TTL. In addition to being under-exposed, the illumination is uneven. It seems to work okay above or below 1/250. Others on the POTN forum have seen the same results with the Nikon versions, and the general thought is that the X1-N is treating 1/250 as if it were HSS.

Mar 31, 2016 at 08:09 AM
level1photog
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Excited about the new Godox/Cheetah system

Nope Canon shooter here. For my camera anything above 1/160 is HSS. If it's under exposed, I use exposure compensation.

Mar 31, 2016 at 10:21 AM
BigIronCruiser
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Excited about the new Godox/Cheetah system

level1photog wrote:
Nope Canon shooter here. For my camera anything above 1/160 is HSS. If it's under exposed, I use exposure compensation.

Unfortunately, EC won't correct the uneven illumination that I'm seeing at 1/250.

Mar 31, 2016 at 11:27 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.