Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · FS: Help- stolen gears

Fletcherphoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · FS: Help- stolen gears

I see/hear about more camera theft in Oakland than anywhere else in the country, it is sickening. Good luck and I hope you get your gear back.

Mar 30, 2016 at 07:24 PM
woutgeo

p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · FS: Help- stolen gears

Sorry to hear this. One additional thing that *might* be helpful is to use IFTTT (If This Then That) to create a recipe that will email/text you when a craigslist ad with specific keywords pop up. You could use this to track 1DX sales in Oakland (which, in my experience, aren't too common).

Mar 30, 2016 at 07:57 PM
Buckeye1
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · FS: Help- stolen gears

Fletcherphoto wrote:
I see/hear about more camera theft in Oakland than anywhere else in the country, it is sickening. Good luck and I hope you get your gear back.

Yes, I learned of that after :-( My niece bridesmaid is in the OPD, so hopefully she can keep me informed. I did see a police cruiser driving up to the building where the security camera is; I am not sure if they were going there or not as I was just leaving Oakland and headed to the SF airport yesterday.

I was provided the police the serial number of the 1Dx and the aforementioned image. I will get them the 70-200L serial number later today.

Mar 31, 2016 at 09:28 AM
Buckeye1
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · FS: Help- stolen gears

Thanks! Any thing helps I will try. The main stress from this ordeal is that all the family pictures from the vacation is in this person's hands :-(

Mar 31, 2016 at 09:30 AM
Stephaniespix
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · FS: Help- stolen gears

So sorry to hear this, hope you get them back soon or at least insurance helps to replace them.

Mar 31, 2016 at 09:37 AM
Buckeye1
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · FS: Help- stolen gears

I just saw an ad on CL in downtown Oakland for a used 1Dx and my heart was about to jump out of my chest :-) It is not the same one based on the listed info. and image.

Mar 31, 2016 at 01:52 PM
airbphoto
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · FS: Help- stolen gears

So sorry, Ben...

Mar 31, 2016 at 10:29 PM
eggcellent
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · FS: Help- stolen gears

If you are tourists in Bay Area (San Francisco or Oakland), please don't leave anything inside your car.

Did you buy insurance for all your camera equipment? If yes, you should contact police to get statement from them as proof. Insurance often asks for police statement if items were lost or stolen.

Mar 31, 2016 at 11:45 PM
my_photography
• •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · FS: Help- stolen gears

Sorry to hear this

Apr 01, 2016 at 12:11 AM
WyattHatfield
• •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · FS: Help- stolen gears

Did you ever get the serial number? PM me. I may live close enough to see it on craigslist.

Apr 01, 2016 at 12:53 AM
Buckeye1
• • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · FS: Help- stolen gears

Police officers were on the scene, and a report was filed. They have assigned a lead investigator on this, and he has all the serial numbers and aforementioned picture of the 1Dx. Thanks for the suggestions and comments!

Apr 01, 2016 at 08:32 AM
pplskills
• • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · FS: Help- stolen gears

Oakland is such a POS. Sorry man.

Apr 03, 2016 at 05:27 PM
pwschladen
• • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · FS: Help- stolen gears

Buckeye1 wrote:
Thanks! Any thing helps I will try. The main stress from this ordeal is that all the family pictures from the vacation is in this person's hands :-(

I totally sympathize - when my car was stolen in Baltimore I was more upset about the clothes belong to my then six year old son than much more valuable stuff they got. Really hope you get the gear and the pics back.

Apr 03, 2016 at 06:06 PM
tgrantster
• •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · FS: Help- stolen gears

Buckeye1 wrote:
I just saw an ad on CL in downtown Oakland for a used 1Dx and my heart was about to jump out of my chest :-) It is not the same one based on the listed info. and image.

The type of people who do this don't usually take legit pics. They go scoop them off ebay. You can reverse image search them to see if they're there. I would still reach out to the seller with something like "Do you have the original receipt or can you at least provide me the serial number from the bottom of the camera?". You never know man they may just send it to you. Best of luck, hope they find the creep.

Apr 03, 2016 at 06:30 PM
       end

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.