New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Canon Pixma 9000 not printing blacks

andydeGroot

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon Pixma 9000 not printing blacks

I just happened to go to a thrift store with my family today, tagging along and scored a Pixma 9000 printer. I already have one and thought this one for $10.99 was worth a shot. After setting it up and running it through a cleaning cycle I've found that the black does not print. On a test print page the BK area in the upper LH side is blank, while the other colors do show up in the columns. The text along each column does appear, but they look as if all colors were used to print.

Could this be due to a blocked print nozzle? The previous owner had used some non oem cartridges in the black and yellow slots. (I threw them away.) I'm hoping this is a simple fix, even if I end up buying a new printhead. For the price I paid, it was a bargain.

I printed some images and have to admit that the off color does look a bit artistic.

Mar 29, 2016 at 10:28 PM
andydeGroot

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon Pixma 9000 not printing blacks

I'll post a quick follow up. Moved the printhead from my good printer to the used one. All colors work as they should, so I'll be searching for another printhead.

Mar 30, 2016 at 06:32 AM
andydeGroot

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon Pixma 9000 not printing blacks

Further follow up. After cleaning the printhead again with some windex (with amonia) and warm water, I was able to get the black ink to flow through again. Now I'm fighting with some streaking that has appeared on some of the colors. Plan on getting a syringe today to flush each port thoroughly out, instead of soaking the entire head each time (for fear of damaging the electronics.)
Read somewhere else that it is not the heads that fail, but they clog. Proving to be true in this case.

Mar 31, 2016 at 07:15 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.