Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Lightroom - what's the difference?

herion
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lightroom - what's the difference?

Hi all,

Can someone explain the difference between "regular" Lightroom and the "Creative Cloud" version?

Does the registration expire on a regular basis on the CC version?

Thanks in advance!

Mar 27, 2016 at 08:07 PM
Ryukyu
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lightroom - what's the difference?

The CC version gets updates on a fairly regular basis. If you buy the regular version of LR6, your stuck with that, with no updates until (if or when) they come out with LR7.
As to the registration expiring on CC, I gave them a credit card number and they charge it every month. If I were to cancel that, then it would expire. I don't know for sure, but you may be able to pay the year upfront and so it would expire after that year.

Mar 27, 2016 at 10:13 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lightroom - what's the difference?

when LR6 and LRCC shipped they were basically the same but CC had the mobile part that allowed you to sync and work (to some extent) on some mobile devices (i.e. iPads etc) .

Adobe stated that non CC lightroom would NOT get any feature updates but would get RAW updates and bug fixes .

a while after CC was updated to include the very handy DEHAZE . no doubt in the near future something else will be added .

But you shouldn't just think about LR only with CC . of course you also get the big daddy PHOTOSHOP as well . LR standalone is just that

Mar 28, 2016 at 02:17 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.