Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Google Nik Collection - Fixing Scaling on 4K Monitors???

- MS -
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Google Nik Collection - Fixing Scaling on 4K Monitors???

Does anyone know a way of enlarging text/fixing the scaling problems when using Nik Software plugin with Ps (2015) on 4K monitors?

I'm currently using Win 10 with 150% scaling applied.
Which is fine for the OS and Ps, but not the plugins.

Thank you

Mar 27, 2016 at 12:07 PM
Mr Mouse
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Google Nik Collection - Fixing Scaling on 4K Monitors???

Did you try updating your windows 10 registry to support external manifest files and add an external manifest file for Photoshop.exe so Windows scaling will scale Photoshop windows? Photoshop internal manifest does no have Windows scale what Photoshop displays.

http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/

Mar 29, 2016 at 04:14 PM
- MS -
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Google Nik Collection - Fixing Scaling on 4K Monitors???

Mr Mouse wrote:
Did you try updating your windows 10 registry to support external manifest files and add an external manifest file for Photoshop.exe so Windows scaling will scale Photoshop windows? Photoshop internal manifest does no have Windows scale what Photoshop displays.

Thank you for the reply.
Yes, I've tried that, but it doesn't work with the plugin (at least not for me).

Mar 29, 2016 at 04:36 PM
Alan321
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Google Nik Collection - Fixing Scaling on 4K Monitors???

Mr Mouse wrote:

I'll have to check that out. In the meantime at least I can be sure that Ps shows me each photo pixel-for-pixel on my monitors and doesn't scale them like the web browsers do in order to make them look right inch-for-inch. Scaling could mess up your perception of IQ by altering the pixel content of the original file. You could end up trying to overcome unexpected scaling artifacts in the displayed image rather than genuine problems in the real image.

- Alan

Apr 01, 2016 at 02:08 PM
Mr Mouse
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Google Nik Collection - Fixing Scaling on 4K Monitors???

- MS - wrote:
Thank you for the reply.
Yes, I've tried that, but it doesn't work with the plugin (at least not for me).

I notice that the installer crated a tree "C:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection\" in that tree each plug-in has its own tree and in the trees there are 32Bit and 64Bit exe files. If these .exe are creating the windows for the Plug-in's UI you should try creating external manifest file for all the plug-in *.exe files.

I did start one of the 64bit exe and it did create the Plug-in UI window.....

Apr 02, 2016 at 09:09 AM
jelbo

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Google Nik Collection - Fixing Scaling on 4K Monitors???

Mr Mouse wrote:
I notice that the installer crated a tree "C:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection\" in that tree each plug-in has its own tree and in the trees there are 32Bit and 64Bit exe files. If these .exe are creating the windows for the Plug-in's UI you should try creating external manifest file for all the plug-in *.exe files.

I did start one of the 64bit exe and it did create the Plug-in UI window.....

That's exactly how far I got. I can fix the .exe's and run them with fixed scaling, but when you run any Nik plugin from Photoshop, it's still tiny. Photoshop uses the .8bf file I guess, but making a <plugin>.8bf.manifest doesn't help. Doing the same for photoshop.exe doesn't help either.

/edit: I managed to sort of fix it. Downside is that images are displayed in half resolution

Adjust a regkey and create a photoshop.exe.manifest, as explained at http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/.

Then, in Photoshop, go to Edit > Preferences > Interface and set UI scaling to 100%. This worked fine on my Surface Pro 4 with it's scaling set to 200%, the Nik plugin are now scaled big.

Nov 08, 2016 at 03:38 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.