Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Sold: /FT: RARE Mamiya ZD Medium Format Camera + 80 2.8 AF

LizWangPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: /FT: RARE Mamiya ZD Medium Format Camera + 80 2.8 AF

Item updated in the last 24 hours    Mamiya ZD Medium Format Camera + 80 2.8 AF

Sold

Price: $2,550.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean

**This is the ZD camera, which is different than the ZD back in that it is a full camera(body, viewfinder), ready to shoot.

Everything you need to start shooting digital medium format, camera and lens. Unlike digital backs, this is a fully integrated and complete camera and sensor kit, ready to go.

- Bigger sensor than the Pentax 645z
- Better IQ at ISO 100-320 than most digital backs, usable at ISO 400 with very pleasing film grain. I like this at ISO 400 vs my Phase One digital back.
- Faster shutter burst than every digital back.
- Fully integrated camera, unlike digital backs.
- Modern customizable controls, very "Nikon-like" ergonomics, feels great in hand.
- "Small" size, like a full size DSLR

Mamiya released both a digital back and a fully integrated basically full frame digital camera that was technically so advanced for the time- it was never sol in the US and there were limited quantities in Asia and EU. Unlike a digital back, the body is built like an SLR, is only the size of a pro SLR, and is fully integrated (versus a separate camera and back that you have to turn on and manage batteries for). This is the fully integrated camera, very rare.

The image quality is stunning, there is a cult following and many pro photographers still swear by it. It has a large 48x36 sensor (larger than the Pentax 645z and 645d as well as the Phase One 44x33 sensors). It's faster bursting than the medium format backs, which are less than 1fps. This camera has always kept up with what I need. The tones from this camera are the best I've ever shot with (including my $20k Phase One IQ160 back), it has dual card slots (one CF and one SD, which was so advanced for the time), custom control menus, and pretty fast AF by medium format standards. The quirks are that it only takes small SD cards (2GB), although I haven't had any issues with larger CF cards- this is a well documented quirk of the camera. The other quirk is that the card and battery door takes some tweaking to open. Another well documented issue, so there's some wear around the battery door from use.

All works well, focus is dead on. Love the compact size, ergonomics, speed, and big viewfinder which makes manual focusing easy. Some light use wear around the body, but LCD is clean and all controls are snappy.

Price includes shipping, add any fees from your payment method of choice. I accept most types of payments.

May consider a trade for the following:

Canon 5DS or 5DSR
Leica 50 0.95 Noct
Leica M-P 240
MS- Optical 50 1.1
Sony GM lenses

Mar 25, 2016 at 12:15 AM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.