New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · First try HDR

Pakrat67

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · First try HDR

Hello all,
I've been reading the forums for awhile now and finally decided to post. This is my first trying HDR I'm semi new to Lightroom but learning more and more everyday. This was shot with a 50mm it was the sharpest lens I had. I've recently ordered a new lens so i can work on getting some wider shots. Thanks for all the feedback and critiques.

Thanks
Blake

Edited on Mar 24, 2016 at 10:35 AM · View previous versions

Mar 24, 2016 at 09:40 AM
Pakrat67

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · First try HDR

Sorry for the big size I tried reducing it down but for some reason it still shows up huge in the post

Mar 24, 2016 at 09:44 AM
Camperjim
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · First try HDR

You need to be in the range of about 1000 or fewer pixels on the longest side.

Anyway, nicely done. I would have never guess this was an hdr. BTW, you can combine exposure bracketing for hdr and panorama stitching. You will end up with a lot of files but I have generally had no problems with the final processing.

Mar 24, 2016 at 10:32 AM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · First try HDR

Agree, nicely done HDR. It does not look over processed or over bright in the shadow areas.

Mar 24, 2016 at 10:50 AM
WalterF
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · First try HDR

Well done no critiques here. Doesn't look HDR.

Walt

Mar 24, 2016 at 11:42 AM
lighthound
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · First try HDR

First off, Welcome to PC on FM! Glad you decided to take the plunge and start posting. I'd say you're off to a great start!

+1 with the others @ not looking like an HDR. My only nit would be the blown area on the left and the tree on the right. I suspect you have more details you could pull out from those areas. I'd hit those areas selectively in LR using a gentle brush to drop the highlights a little more.

Well done!

Dave

Mar 24, 2016 at 12:28 PM
Henry Lydecker
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · First try HDR

I agree with everyone that it looks very natural and not HDR. One thing that could be better though is there is some posterization in the image (at least as it appears on my screen). I've found that with images that involve a lot of editing such as HDR, I need to be really careful to view the image from multiple angles to make sure there isn't any posterization. If I see any, then it is time to tone down the editing.

Mar 26, 2016 at 09:35 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.