New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Mola Demi with Bowens

hijazist
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Mola Demi with Bowens

I am picking up a Mola Demi kit today but it comes with a Profoto Speedring.

1. What do I need to adapt it to my Bowens lights (any additional hardware)?

2. Do I have to buy the dedicated Mola/Bowens speedring, or any Bowens speedring would work (I have a couple of softbox ones)?

3. Anything else I should be aware of?

Mar 23, 2016 at 03:18 PM
Gregg Heckler
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Mola Demi with Bowens

Yes you need a dedicated Bowen Speedring. But you may be able to take apart one of your soft box speedrings and just take the ring out of it. Good luck with your Mola you are going to love it.

Mar 23, 2016 at 04:40 PM
hijazist
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Mola Demi with Bowens

Gregg Heckler wrote:
Yes you need a dedicated Bowen Speedring. But you may be able to take apart one of your soft box speedrings and just take the ring out of it. Good luck with your Mola you are going to love it.

Thanks Greg That's what I am planning to do first, try to take out the softbox ring and try it with on the Mola. It was a great local deal with the grid, opal diffuser, Mola case and the diffuser.

Now if anyone is interested in a Mola/Profoto Speedring, I'll give you a great deal

Mar 23, 2016 at 05:56 PM
hijazist
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Mola Demi with Bowens

So today I tried installing the Softbox's Bowens ring (generic) on the Mola using the traditional Mola method, i.e. Bowens ring over the Mola rubber ring from the outside. However, the flashtube was recessed about one inch due to the fact that the cheapo Bowens ring doesn't sit flat on the Mola.

So instead I had the ring installed from the inside of the Mola as in the pictures. Does this look fine with regards to the the flashtube's positioning in the Demi?

Mar 24, 2016 at 06:07 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.