FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Sony Alpha A7R With Reversed Schneider HM 40

e6filmuser
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sony Alpha A7R With Reversed Schneider HM 40

This is the MF lens I use, with a TC behind it to deal with internal reflections, for the highest magnifications on my EM-1.

In this session I used no TC and, although there was distracting flare in the viewfinder when shooting towards strong light, I see no evidence of this in the images. This is an academic matter, as I need to use a X2 TC to get most of the DOF of the m4/3, although it would be x3 to get it entirely. That is for the next session.

This session was about the lens on this camera, with no other glass in between.

The subject was a small pale yellow lily in a mixed purchase of "woodland" plants from our garden centre. The flower will be seen at lower magnifications, with another lens, in images yet to be processed. The flower is about the size of my thumbnail. Getting stamens and the stigma in the same plane was very difficult, not least due to the angle of the latter.

The illumination was with two off-camera Nissin Di700A guns, controlled by the Air Commander on the hot shoe, giving TTL exposure in camera manual mode. The built-in drop-down diffusers were used but the angles of the beams were only approximately right as I was a bit rushed. The highest flash synchronisation shutter speed is 1/160. compared with 1/250 on the EM-1.

Lens at f16, hand-held, kneeling on grass.

Harold

© Harold Gough 2016

© Harold Gough 2016

© Harold Gough 2016

© Harold Gough 2016

Mar 23, 2016 at 02:13 AM

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.