New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Elinchrom Pricing question

mancheta
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Elinchrom Pricing question

I previously owned a pair of Einsteins, but sold them when I stopped shooting a while back. I was very familiar with the PCB product line, but not familiar with this line of strobes.

I just picked up the following for $400, and am curious if it was a good deal:

2X Elinchrom style 400bx strobes
2 Manfrotto Light Stands
1 Elinchrom Rotalux Octa (135cm) (came with brand new reflective fabric, old stuff was peeling)

All equipment was purchased 6-7 years ago and used in a studio setting from original owner. soft cases included for all of it.

Thoughts?

Mar 21, 2016 at 08:28 PM
Gregg Heckler
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Elinchrom Pricing question

The strobes are older and don't have some of the features of the newer RX or ELC wireless series, or even the Einstein's. But $400 is great deal for what you got. All of the Elinchrom strobes have very good color consistency, durability, and the best modifiers on the market, far superior modifiers than cheaper strobes. I switched from PCB to Elinchrom years ago and never looked back. I don't know your experience level but you will get very good results with Elinchrom. You'll just have to use a wireless trigger like Pocketwizard if you need to. For $400 bucks though you can upgrade later and keep these for BG lights, etc.

Mar 21, 2016 at 11:49 PM
MichGoBlue
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Elinchrom Pricing question

That Octa is pretty much one of the best out there and alone would run a couple hundred so I would have loved to get that deal!

Mar 22, 2016 at 11:25 AM
mancheta
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Elinchrom Pricing question

Thank you for the responses. I figured with the included Octa, it was a steal. I know the technology is older, but for my needs (mostly product photography) they will do great.

Mar 23, 2016 at 04:41 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.