New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Downsizing lighting gear

Michael White
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Downsizing lighting gear

I'm not using my lighting gear as much now some has been replaced by newer gear. But I'm thinking of parting with the following gear. Exact items and accessories will be listed when posted to the buy and sale section but now I'm looking for advice weather to sell as a kit or kits and a ballpark value.

First kit is my speedotron kit
It has a 405 power pack with an extension cable for one light
202 head with new main bulb and modeling light bulb with removable connection cable
102 head with new bulbs and connected cable
Medium softbox
7" reflectors x2
11" reflector iirc
Speed rings rotating aftermarket type x2
Barn door

Second kit is quantum qflash with several connectors some wired other wireless I will need to look and see what I have plus turbo battery with new battery.

Reason for parting with speedotron is I have the Elinchrom Ranger Quadrs lights
Reason for parting with the quantum is mt large speed light kit that works with the pw flex and mini radios in ettl mode plus the quadras will work with the speedlites in auto sync mode I just have to change the power manually.

Seems like they maybe more that will go. I was hoping that the people would work with everything and somehow make them work together but the quantum would allow the speedlites and qflash work together but you must use the quantum radio setup. I wasn't buying another setup of radios after learning the people ettl stuff. The speedotron just was too old to work in ettl mode.

I might add in some stands in the kits since over the years I've aquire many folding stand a few I keep plus my two c stands with booms these are full stands or complete iirc. I have a reflector holding stand with a boom for the reflector.

I collected different items while learning to light artificially then found better items like the Apollo style softbox es or even the umbrella type much easier to setup than the conventional type. So some modifiers will go also. I'm trying to clear out my pelican 1660 gear box plus one or two other boxes to make it easier to shoot I'm holding on to my two background kits one I plan on uses a a drop for a projector to show movies on and other things that I'll be projecting for my digital laser firearm training. I'll never part with my nap pak( where I store and transport my cstands but they may move to my SKB golf case which is better suited for them. I have several pelican case for my other phot gear all from the 1660 to the 1650 to the 1550 and a similar case as the 1550 or 1650 size. Plus one other upright case for the quadra lights and power pack cables etc.

All my other grip items oi plan on using like my super clamps, magic arms etc.

Mar 19, 2016 at 05:07 AM
ukphotographer
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Downsizing lighting gear

Michael White wrote:
I was hoping that the people would work with everything and somehow make them work together but the quantum would allow the speedlites and qflash work together but you must use the quantum radio setup..

Many people make that mistake. They buy off brand radios to use with Quantum and get none of the advantages. With them you would get 400Ws, 200Ws, 160Ws, 80Ws models sharing full TTL and Manual remote control. They trigger your older packs too.

Mar 19, 2016 at 02:28 PM
Michael White
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Downsizing lighting gear

Well I had the radios before the flash

Mar 20, 2016 at 07:04 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.