New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Eizo cg277

Alexluu627
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Eizo cg277

Hi guys I just bought a Eizo cg277 and so far loving it! Just wondering. I calibrated the monitor and the colors look fantastic! So I decided to edit my first photo and exported to web. When I looked at the picture on my MacBook Pro retina and my iPhone. I noticed that the picture has a tint of red to it. As towards my Eizo looks cooler in temperature. I'm not sure exactly what the problem is. I calibrated several times to see, but same results. My color settings in Photoshop are set to prophoto and when I save to web it converts to srgb. My photos look like crap on the iPhone and MacBook lols. Please help

Mar 18, 2016 at 01:21 AM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Eizo cg277

I have a CG277 and do not have that problem at all. What parameters are you using in ColorNavigator when you do your calibration? And do you have something like an i1Display Pro you could use to double-check to make sure that there's not something awry with the built-in colorimeter? And while you can't really calibrate your iPhone, they are pretty close to sRGB, so your images displayed there should be pretty good. The MBP will benefit from calibration if it hasn't already been done.

Mar 18, 2016 at 02:32 PM
Alexluu627
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Eizo cg277

Peter Figen wrote:
I have a CG277 and do not have that problem at all. What parameters are you using in ColorNavigator when you do your calibration? And do you have something like an i1Display Pro you could use to double-check to make sure that there's not something awry with the built-in colorimeter? And while you can't really calibrate your iPhone, they are pretty close to sRGB, so your images displayed there should be pretty good. The MBP will benefit from calibration if it hasn't already been done.

I have a i1display that i calibrated my macbook pro retina with. So i'll definitely try calibrating the monitor with it to double check. I have my settings at 120 cd brightness and 6500 for my white point. I went off of the Matt Granger video. So I'll definitely calibrate the monitor with the i1display and see if its the self calibration is faulty.

Mar 18, 2016 at 07:06 PM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Eizo cg277

What is the ambient lighting like in your editing room? If it's subdued like most of us have, 120 cd/m2 might be too high. I'd try something lower, like 90-100. I also set the black point to either .4 or .5 because if you don't, the default black is so black that you end up losing quite a few visible levels at the bottom end.

Mar 18, 2016 at 09:33 PM
Alexluu627
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Eizo cg277

Currently ambient light is pretty high in my room that's why I set it to 120 cm. I did make a preset for 100cm since I'm gonna block the window with a black piece of cloth. I set the black point to .4.

Peter Figen wrote:
What is the ambient lighting like in your editing room? If it's subdued like most of us have, 120 cd/m2 might be too high. I'd try something lower, like 90-100. I also set the black point to either .4 or .5 because if you don't, the default black is so black that you end up losing quite a few visible levels at the bottom end.

Mar 18, 2016 at 10:15 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.