Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Savan

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1462/25534735416_e80f855273_b.jpg

Mar 17, 2016 at 09:41 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Savan

The main thing that grabs attention in this shot is the reflections in the glasses. Try a different angle for the lighting.

Mar 17, 2016 at 12:59 PM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Savan

Actually the reflections are part of what I enjoy about this portrait. The symmetry works and it's uncommon to see eyeglass reflections that really don't obscure the eyes. It's almost like a nice street shot wherein the reflections in the showcase glass give context but don't interfere with seeing the purpose of the display.

Beyond that, fun expression, beautiful girl, really pleasant light, amazing skin tone gradations all framed by that fantastic mane of hair. I love the colors of her skin and sweater - the subtle pattern and texture of the sweater... for me even the colors and geometry of the background are adding to this image.

Pretty much a big win to my eye, Jake. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad I clicked. In to my inspiration file it goes.

Regards,

Chuck

Mar 17, 2016 at 08:56 PM
Jake337
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Savan

Jim Rickards wrote:
The main thing that grabs attention in this shot is the reflections in the glasses. Try a different angle for the lighting.

Yeah. Just a semi-candid shot in my living room. I was just aiming to get the reflections so they didn't obstruct the eyes. Also these are just toy glasses my niece likes so I definitely have a portrait with no glasses and no reflections as well.

Thanks for stopping in and sharing.

Mar 17, 2016 at 09:16 PM
Jake337
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Savan

nolaguy wrote:
Actually the reflections are part of what I enjoy about this portrait. The symmetry works and it's uncommon to see eyeglass reflections that really don't obscure the eyes. It's almost like a nice street shot wherein the reflections in the showcase glass give context but don't interfere with seeing the purpose of the display.

Beyond that, fun expression, beautiful girl, really pleasant light, amazing skin tone gradations all framed by that fantastic mane of hair. I love the colors of her skin and sweater - the subtle pattern and texture of the sweater... for me even the colors and geometry of
...Show more

Wow, thanks. Never thought I would inspire someone, lol.

I'm glad you liked the colors. I often second guess myself as I don't have any calibration software/hardware.

Mar 17, 2016 at 09:20 PM
Squirrely Eyed
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Savan

+1 to all of nolaguy's comments. While the reflections are one of the first things I notice, they frame her eyes and draw me further in to the photo. They also add to the sense of big bug eyes from the glasses.

Mar 22, 2016 at 10:09 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.