FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · laptop advice

nugeny
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · laptop advice

sjms wrote:
another problem. don't like windows 10?. I much prefer 10 and working with the touch screen especially on a plane, train or auto. 10 point touch and smooth action. I rarely do any editing in those environments except in first class and when there who wants to.

do you work PS with touch screen? would touch screen work with CS6?

Mar 17, 2016 at 06:10 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · laptop advice

PScc, yes CS6 not well at all. CS6 doesn't scale up. PScc scales up for finger work but your fingers accuracy is not as close as a mouse. I use them together.

Mar 17, 2016 at 06:45 PM
peter_n
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · laptop advice

sjms wrote:
i am currently using a HP Spectre x360 2016 model

dual core i7 running at minimum 2.5Ghz

I'm due for a new laptop in 2 or 3 months, and I saw this range last year and liked it. All I've seen with the i7 have been running hot, does yours? It could be that what I've seen are overclocked and I see that you're running pretty low, I think they go up to 3.4GHz. Also they're selling at least one model with 16GB of RAM and I'm wondering if that's going to be an option in future models.

Mar 17, 2016 at 08:58 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · laptop advice

Not at all. The base cpu output is 2.5Ghz and peaks at 3.4 i believe. You here a mild hiss of the fan on the left side for a short time and then it throttles back down. The 6th gen processor is excellent thermally.

Mar 17, 2016 at 09:23 PM
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.