New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Woman and Cherished Possession

WalterF
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Woman and Cherished Possession

We did Erica's senior portraits and she wanted to include her faith in them and this is one of the ideas we came up with. She is going to Gardner Webb University for the Ministry, she wants to be a Children's Minister.

I left the extra space top and bottom to accommodate cropping to 8x10 if desired. I like it as is but trying to meet their needs.

Thanks for looking.

Walt

Mar 15, 2016 at 10:06 AM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Woman and Cherished Possession

The pose is right on here, but I am bothered by the out of focus arms and lower hand. The processing seems a bit gritty too.

Mar 15, 2016 at 10:28 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Woman and Cherished Possession

I agree with Ben. Pose is nice. I like the conversion and the vignetting. I wish the OOF arms were less prominently OOF. You might be able to crop a bit from the bottom to reduce the effect.
I would do some skin softening to smooth some of the detail. Might clone out the whitish area upper lip.

Scott

Mar 15, 2016 at 10:31 AM
WalterF
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Woman and Cherished Possession

ben egbert wrote:
The pose is right on here, but I am bothered by the out of focus arms and lower hand. The processing seems a bit gritty too.

Thank you Ben, I tried using actions to make it easier. Guess I need to try and remember how to do it in Photoshop and lower the amount.

Walt

Mar 15, 2016 at 11:20 AM
WalterF
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Woman and Cherished Possession

sbeme wrote:
I agree with Ben. Pose is nice. I like the conversion and the vignetting. I wish the OOF arms were less prominently OOF. You might be able to crop a bit from the bottom to reduce the effect.
I would do some skin softening to smooth some of the detail. Might clone out the whitish area upper lip.

Scott

I was concerned the lower arm would be a distraction, so I blurred it to much. I used actions to process the image faster and it was a little heavy handed. I tried remembering how to do it in Photoshop, the result is less pronounced and softer on her face.

Thank you for the CC Scott

Walt

Changed image in edit

Edited on Mar 15, 2016 at 11:38 AM · View previous versions

Mar 15, 2016 at 11:28 AM
lighthound
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Woman and Cherished Possession

+1 @ Ben and Scott's comments on the skin softening and oof lower hand and other little things. Just doing a quick "scroll crop" and loosing the bottom hand helps a great deal.

I really like your choice of DOF that brings a nice softness to the image. The heavy tight edge vignette works well here. I find the gritty/specks of dust you added in PP to be very distracting and I don't see how this effect helps deliver the message. IMHO, a clean B&W conversion would look fantastic.

Edit: Scratch a bunch of what I just said. Looks like you fixed a few things on your edit.

Dave

Mar 15, 2016 at 11:29 AM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Woman and Cherished Possession

WalterF wrote:
I was concerned the lower arm would be a distraction, so I blurred it to much. I used actions to process the image faster and it was a little heavy handed. I tried remembering how to do it in Photoshop, the result is less pronounced and softer on her face.

Thank you for the CC Scott

Walt

Much better.

Mar 15, 2016 at 11:33 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Woman and Cherished Possession

yes, better!
Scott

Mar 15, 2016 at 11:43 AM
WalterF
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Woman and Cherished Possession

lighthound wrote:
+1 @ Ben and Scott's comments on the skin softening and oof lower hand and other little things. Just doing a quick "scroll crop" and loosing the bottom hand helps a great deal.

I really like your choice of DOF that brings a nice softness to the image. The heavy tight edge vignette works well here. I find the gritty/specks of dust you added in PP to be very distracting and I don't see how this effect helps deliver the message. IMHO, a clean B&W conversion would look fantastic.

Edit: Scratch a bunch of what I just said. Looks
...Show more

Thanks Dave, I was trying to take the easy way out, didn't work as well as I hoped.

Walt

Mar 15, 2016 at 05:49 PM
WalterF
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Woman and Cherished Possession

ben egbert wrote:

Much better.

Thanks Ben

Walt

Mar 15, 2016 at 05:50 PM
WalterF
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Woman and Cherished Possession

sbeme wrote:
yes, better!
Scott

Thanks Scott sometimes the easy way doesn't work out.

Walt

Mar 15, 2016 at 05:51 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.