Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · FS: REDUCED: Sigma 28-70mm f/2.8 D EX Aspherical and Nikon N8008

jesse.nature

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · FS: REDUCED: Sigma 28-70mm f/2.8 D EX Aspherical and Nikon N8008

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   REDUCED: Sigma 28-70mm f/2.8 D EX Aspherical, Nikon mount

Pending

Price: $200.00
Payment method: Prefer USPS Money Order but will also accept Paypal.
Item condition: 8+ Shows moderate wear or finish marks
Shipping instructions: $15 for lens, $6-10 for camera depending on location. Via USPS Priority Mail, insured. PM me for local pickup. See "How I Do Shipping" for details.

---About Me---
I'm new to FM (although I have casually browsed without a user account for a while) but I have some reputation on ebay. If you would like to check it out:
1. PM me with a link to your ebay user page, which starts with http://www.ebay.com/usr/
2. I'll PM you from ebay so that you can be sure it's me, and you can click my name to check out reviews on me

---Item Description---
Sigma 28-70mm f/2.8 D EX Aspherical
When looking at reviews, make sure you get the right Sigma 28-70mm f/2.8, as there are several...

---Item History/Background---
This comes from a lot of used photo gear circa 2000 which included over 160 rolls of film and a lot of film gear. I'm selling the whole lot on behalf of a friend who used to study photojournalism. As I am a young person who didn't go through the film era, she gave all of it to me to do what I wanted with it, so they are "my own personal items" as stated in FM rules.

---Condition---
See photos. Front element and back element are in very good condition. A little internal dust which does not affect photos, at least on the N8008 when scanned in at 2000px. Some scratches on the plastic of the lens.

---Local Pickup Procedure---
If we're arranging local pickup, I'm more flexible to any special requests or needs.
1. We will mutually agree to a public meeting location and time. I have a flexible schedule, as long as I don't already have something planned for that day. I live in the middle of nowhere, but I'm willing to meet any serious buyer to do the deal around Fort Wayne, South Bend, northern Indianapolis, or anywhere in between. Any changes to the date/time must be made 24 hours in advance, and the other party must be notified via FM.
2. Bring your payment in cash, and I'll give you the lens and box, as pictured in the photos.
3. If you wish, I'll wait for you to test the lens on your camera, say for 30 minutes. If you do not have access to a Nikon DSLR, I can also offer for me to test it on my camera. I want to make you happy before you leave, but I cannot accept a "return" for reasons like "I thought the AF would be faster", "I want it sharper", "It's too heavy for me", or buyer's remorse. Concerns like that should be addressed before you purchase the lens.
4. Once we both depart, I can't issue any return.

---Alternative: Shipping and Payment Procedure---
1. I prefer USPS Money Order because of excessive Paypal fees. Buy your money order at any USPS Post Office and ship it to me using a shipping method with a tracking number.
2. Once you get back from the post office, PM me with the tracking number on the same day, so that I can see it coming via online tracking.
3. Once I receive the money order, I'll take the lens and your money order to my post office, cash the money order, and ship the lens to you within 2 weekdays of receiving the money order.
4. On the same day I ship it, I'll PM you with the tracking number.
5. Because I have fully tested the lens before shipping, I can't accept a return on the lens.

---How I Do Shipping---
* I charge separate for shipping and state what method I use so that the buyer knows exactly how much it costs. I believe in providing transparency and communication to the buyer.
* Shipping for this item includes insurance. If the post office loses the shipment or the package is never delivered *as shown by the tracking number*, I will refund you the full amount that USPS refunds me for the package, when they issue me the refund. USPS requires waiting for a couple weeks before filing a claim, to make sure the package isn't just late.
* For packing material, I will make sure the lens is well cushioned and well packed, equidistant from all sides of the shipping box when I send it. The shipping box in the photo that Tamron used is too small in my opinion to provide adequate protection, so I will use a bigger shipping box and wrap the entire lens box with inflated air bags and/or large bubble wrap.

• • •

Item updated in the last 24 hours    Nikon N8008 (F-801) 35mm camera

Available

Price: $16.00
Payment method: Prefer USPS Money Order but will also accept Paypal.
Item condition: 8 Well used - may exhibit "dings" or finish marks
Shipping instructions: $15 for lens, $6-10 for camera depending on location. Via USPS Priority Mail, insured. PM me for local pickup. See "How I Do Shipping" for details.

---Condition---
See photos. There are some scratches and some text worn off. I used this camera for a few weeks to test it, and most everything worked fine. However, there were a couple buttons that were a little sticky, like the exposure button if I recall correctly. They sometimes needed a wiggle to come back up after being pressed. Also, there is a scratch in the bottom right of the viewfinder (does not affect image recorded on film).

---Payment---
I'll accept Paypal or USPS Money Order for this.

Edited on Apr 26, 2016 at 10:10 PM · View previous versions

Mar 12, 2016 at 08:12 PM
mrdat
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · FS: REDUCED: Sigma 28-70mm f/2.8 D EX Aspherical and Nikon N8008

Great shot of the viewfinder. How'd you do it?

GLWS.

Mar 18, 2016 at 03:26 PM
jesse.nature

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · FS: REDUCED: Sigma 28-70mm f/2.8 D EX Aspherical and Nikon N8008

Thanks. I took it with my old D3100 and kit lens @ 30mm. Obviously, having something bright to take a photo of helped.

Mar 18, 2016 at 04:54 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.