New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Projecting Black and White

JohnPike

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Projecting Black and White

I'm new here but I've been lurking for a while. I have a very similar post on APUG.org but was curious about opinions here.

I'm currently planning a show which I intend to present a long with audio recordings made by a friend at a bar. We've decided it would be great to project the images. The images will be black and white but have not been captured yet.

So I was looking for some advice on options.

Ok first there is obviosly the digital option. I own a Leica Monochrom and could use that then project the files. I don't really know where to begin, however, in order to obtain a high quality projector that would do black and white images justice. One other thought digitally is having analog 35mm slides made from my monochrom files, using some of CRT services. And yet another printing on Pictorico and projecting that. What would you consider for this? What projector would do the monochrom justice?

The other option is to shoot black and white medium format and somehow either develop as postiive or dupe into slides. I prefer 6X7 and of course finding a projector would be a bit difficult though I romanticize about the analog slide projection. I would also consider 6X6 if I could get a projector more easily. Unfortunately, all of this happens to come up as DR5 is not available for an unpredicatble amount of time! If you were looking to obtain BW slides what would you do?

I read the Darkroom Cookbook section on reversal processing which was edited by David Wood from DR5, it defintely seems doable though adds a little bit of risk to a project. I guess the only other option would be to shoot negative film and then create a positive from the negative.

What would people here choose for maximum quality? The venue where we will project will hold somewhere around 250 people and is quite dark but not pitch black.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Mar 09, 2016 at 12:21 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.