Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Sold: Canon EF 80-200mm f/2.8L Magic Drainpipe + Hood, Caps, UV Filter

jwho
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Canon EF 80-200mm f/2.8L Magic Drainpipe + Hood, Caps, UV Filter

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Canon EF 80-200mm f/2.8L Magic Drainpipe

Sold

Price: $415.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean
Shipping instructions: USPS Priority Mail (free)

Up for sale is one of my favorite lenses - a Canon EF 80-200mm f/2.8L, affectionately known as the "Magic Drainpipe." I'm upgrading to a different lens, so this one has to go. The 80-200mm f/2.8L is in excellent condition and produces extremely sharp images at all apertures (including wide-open) on my 5D Mark II. Exterior cosmetics are very nice - no paint loss, dents, or finish scratches; it would easily be considered a KEH EX. Mechanically, everything works perfectly - the autofocus is super smooth and accurate, as is the zoom ring and manual focus switch. The front element has always been protected by a Hoya HMC UV filter (included), and the optics have no scratches, fungus, major dust, or cleaning marks. There is a very light haze in one of the middle-rear elements, but that has not affected my images. I've priced the lens accordingly, however, to account for the light haze. The glass is otherwise in beautiful shape.

The EF 80-200mm f/2.8L will ship with its OEM lens hood, tripod mount (in like-new condition), both Canon front and rear caps, and the Hoya HMC 72mm UV filter. I will also include a clean, excellent condition Lowerpro Street & Field fitted case for you to store the lens. I'm asking $415 for the complete set - free USPS Priority Mail shipping, and the buyer covers the PayPal fee.

Edited on Mar 10, 2016 at 01:05 PM · View previous versions

Mar 09, 2016 at 09:15 AM
jwho
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Canon EF 80-200mm f/2.8L Magic Drainpipe + Hood, Caps, UV Filter

Photos added!

Mar 09, 2016 at 10:11 AM
jwho
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: Canon EF 80-200mm f/2.8L Magic Drainpipe + Hood, Caps, UV Filter

Price drop.

Mar 09, 2016 at 07:43 PM
Daniyar
• •
[X]
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sold: Canon EF 80-200mm f/2.8L Magic Drainpipe + Hood, Caps, UV Filter

PM sent

Mar 09, 2016 at 11:51 PM
m.eo.w

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sold: Canon EF 80-200mm f/2.8L Magic Drainpipe + Hood, Caps, UV Filter

Just wanted to give some feedback about the haze. I've had one of these in the past year, and it had haze as well. Light haze is VERY common in the early L lenses (28-70, 80-200) but my copy was still sharper than the 70-200 IS v1 even with haze.

Mar 10, 2016 at 03:08 AM
Bigredkmg

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sold: Canon EF 80-200mm f/2.8L Magic Drainpipe + Hood, Caps, UV Filter

Thanks for the sale. Can't wait to use this lens!

User is fast with response and very nice!

Mar 12, 2016 at 03:35 PM
jwho
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sold: Canon EF 80-200mm f/2.8L Magic Drainpipe + Hood, Caps, UV Filter

Tagged for feedback!

Mar 12, 2016 at 07:35 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.