Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Sold: Nikon D800 Camera Body Only - USA Model *NICE!*

Jonathan F
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Nikon D800 Camera Body Only - USA Model *NICE!*

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Nikon D800 Camera Body Only - USA Model

Sold

Price: $1,199.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean
Shipping instructions: Free USPS Priority shipping to the Continental US & Hawaii only

For sale is a very nice USA model Nikon D800 Camera Body. I am the original owner. Top and rear LCD is scratch free and has OEM screen protector attached. The camera has some body wear with a little scratch by the d-pad and a small ding by the CF card door, but overall is in good condition. Please inspect photographs for more details. The camera comes with front cap, box, paperwork, cords, OEM battery (1/4 battery life) and battery charger. Shutter count at 26469.

Edited on Mar 23, 2016 at 12:18 AM · View previous versions

Mar 08, 2016 at 01:14 PM
raboof
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Nikon D800 Camera Body Only - USA Model *NICE!*

We all know Jonathan selling great products here but looks like there is someone else scrapping this BS board to generate scams.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-D800n-n-a-/272161333493?hash=item3f5e1460f5:g:SiIAAOSwoBtW3xHQ

Mar 08, 2016 at 01:26 PM
Reagan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: Nikon D800 Camera Body Only - USA Model *NICE!*

Good catch, Chuong
I wonder if Ebay would do anything about it

Reagan

Mar 08, 2016 at 01:39 PM
javishm

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sold: Nikon D800 Camera Body Only - USA Model *NICE!*

Wow good catch

Mar 08, 2016 at 01:51 PM
M3Roc
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sold: Nikon D800 Camera Body Only - USA Model *NICE!*

Wow..... Honestly, humanity finds new ways all the time to surprise me. I'm going to check and see if there is a way to report that listing. Including the URL to this listing should be of help.

Maybe Jonathan could chime in here to let us know if its his listing on ebay? If not, it needs to get blasted pronto! Before someone falls for the scam.

Edit: In the listing, on the right side just below where the pricing info is, you'll find a "report item" link.

Mar 08, 2016 at 01:52 PM
Jonathan F
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sold: Nikon D800 Camera Body Only - USA Model *NICE!*

Whoa, definitely not me! Maybe it's the guy I ratted out last week for trying to scam a D4S!

Mar 08, 2016 at 02:07 PM
Jonathan F
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sold: Nikon D800 Camera Body Only - USA Model *NICE!*

Plus I don't sell on Ebay after I got scammed by a POS buyer ruining my perfect feedback since 1999!

Mar 08, 2016 at 02:11 PM
M3Roc
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sold: Nikon D800 Camera Body Only - USA Model *NICE!*

Jonathan F wrote:
Plus I don't sell on Ebay after I got scammed by a POS buyer ruining my perfect feedback since 1999!

I know that feeling. I stopped selling on ebay when they started charging insane percentages. They capped their max because even the rats realized they were being too greedy. Also, I ran into a character who agreed to terms and then left negative feedback to ruin my perfect streak.

I've reported the ad, hopefully everyone else will too.

Mar 08, 2016 at 02:15 PM
Jonathan F
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sold: Nikon D800 Camera Body Only - USA Model *NICE!*

Can some report the EBay listing? I'm not by my computer right now.

Mar 08, 2016 at 02:17 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Sold: Nikon D800 Camera Body Only - USA Model *NICE!*

Reagan just gave me a head's up, Jonathan... I'll head over there to see if I can post a question directly to the asshole's listing over there.....

Mar 08, 2016 at 02:22 PM
Jonathan F
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Sold: Nikon D800 Camera Body Only - USA Model *NICE!*

Okay, went to Ebay and reported the auction. Man, I guess I'm going to have write my name in chalk on the items I sell to make sure the photos don't get scammed!

Mar 08, 2016 at 02:59 PM
Mr. G
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Sold: Nikon D800 Camera Body Only - USA Model *NICE!*

Why is the serial number blanked out if it is legit?

In the first photo there is definitely a serial number but the angle is wrong to read it

Gregg

Mar 08, 2016 at 03:10 PM
Jonathan F
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Sold: Nikon D800 Camera Body Only - USA Model *NICE!*

I blanked it out just in case someone tries to lift it. I'll send you the digits and the serial on the box to show that it matches if you're interested in buying it.

Plus I've done enough in-person transactions with FM members to prove my existence! In fact I just did one today.

Mar 08, 2016 at 03:14 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Sold: Nikon D800 Camera Body Only - USA Model *NICE!*

Jonathan F wrote:
Okay, went to Ebay and reported the auction. Man, I guess I'm going to have write my name in chalk on the items I sell to make sure the photos don't get scammed!

Damn good idea, Jonathan... You're too good a Seller/Buyer to have his rep pirated by a schmuck....

I reported the listing to eBay as fraudulent. I couldn't post up a question to the Seller because site wouldn't allow me to.

Mar 08, 2016 at 04:33 PM
javishm

p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Sold: Nikon D800 Camera Body Only - USA Model *NICE!*

It says it has been sold on eBay!

Mar 08, 2016 at 04:46 PM
Jonathan F
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Sold: Nikon D800 Camera Body Only - USA Model *NICE!*

I hope no one took the bait! I filed a report and a couple other FM members. If Ebay didn't act on it, they're screwing an unsuspecting buyer!

Mar 08, 2016 at 05:37 PM
Mr. G
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Sold: Nikon D800 Camera Body Only - USA Model *NICE!*

Both Paypal and Ebay have buyer protection. If you don't receive it, PP refunds. If you don't receive what was advertised, Ebay refunds. It's a hassle but you do get your money back. The key is to read both company's refund policies and act within those guidelines. There are time limits. Don't let the seller string you along beyond those limits.

Mar 08, 2016 at 06:35 PM
pwschladen
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Sold: Nikon D800 Camera Body Only - USA Model *NICE!*

Jonathan F wrote:
I blanked it out just in case someone tries to lift it. I'll send you the digits and the serial on the box to show that it matches if you're interested in buying it.

Plus I've done enough in-person transactions with FM members to prove my existence! In fact I just did one today.

I sometimes do this too - I worry a full serial number enables someone to file a phony insurance claim with an equally phony police report. Could be a huge hassle down the road.

Mar 16, 2016 at 06:59 AM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.