Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Withdrawn: ProMediaGear Canon 70D L Angle Bracket Xtras

BPochman
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Withdrawn: ProMediaGear Canon 70D L Angle Bracket Xtras

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   ProMediaGear Arca L Angle Bracket Canon 70D 2 piece 2 vert plates Mint

Withdrawn

Price: $115.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 10 Preowned equipment, but appears as new
Shipping instructions: Price net to me of priority mail ship to CONUS and PayPal Gift (due FM membership)

This is a great L (or Angle) bracket for Arca Compatible Clamps that allows you to quickly mount your Canon 70D camera on a head in either a Landscape or Portrait orientation. This one is made only for the Canon 70D and it some great features – and two vertical arms (the one it came with and an additional universal version - each with their own advantage, as described below). It is in mint condition.

I really like this unit, as it worked very well for me, and the only reason I'm selling it is that I just switched over to a Varavon Multi LCD hood for my 70D, which has it’s own bottom arca plate and requires a different type of Vertical piece to make it into an L bracket – so I can’t use the PMG rig any more.

Relative to the two vertical arms – it seemed like a good idea when I got the L bracket, and I never regretted it. The one specially for the 70D and designed to go with the 70D bottom plate is offset very far forward (about 1.25”) to let you open the flip out LCD all the way as well as access the connectors on the left side of the 70D body.

The negative side of that is that if you are not using the LCD screed flipped out or the connectors, the balance when using it changes a lot – which is why I got the second vertical clamp, which is a Universal type. When you use it the side plate is lined up with the bottom plate and the balance is the same.

A great feature of the two piece design (I never had a problem with looseness) is that since the vertical arm (whichever one you have on it) removes you can use the camera with just the bottom plate attached until you need either of the vertical arms – plus when you use the vertical arm you can vary the distance from the bottom plate as needed. I found these two to be the greatest advantage of the whole system. That is something you can't do with a one-piece L bracket.

ProMediaGear is a reputable company that designs and builds pro-level products. This L bracket even has a hex wrench (used to securely attach the vertical plate) stored in the both vertical plates and held there with a magnet so they are easy/quick to attach to the bottom plate.

All three plates have locking screws on the ends of each plate to prevent them from sliding out (I removed them so they don't show in the photos - but are included and can easily be put back.) I believe you can even attach an additional bracket ProMediaGear sells to make a flash flip bracket extension of the base part of the L bracket. You can get more info at their web site. All the original stuff and instructions are included.

There is also a small flat plate included if you want to attach a strap to the bottom plate. I got one (but did not use it) and it is also included. I also added two nice soft sleeves (they came from lenses for my Oakley Bike glasses) that fit the vertical pieces nicely and lets you put them in a camera bag more safely – and I put different color snaps on the draw strings to tell them apart.

New ones sell for $130 on the big auction site, the PMG web-site, and at B&H, and the additional Universal vertical plate is around $50, I believe.

I can send more photos if given a direct email address as I also have it listed in my local Craigslist, where I can post more photos (11 total). The 70D/lens shown in a few photos is for reference only and not included.

Shipping will be by Priority Mail (to the continental US only) and payment by PayPal. I have an account where I get wholesale prices for Priority Mail shipping & insurance. The price shown will be net to me. I live near Seattle (98040).

Final details can be worked out via PM, which I prefer because of the way my email program handles the regular ones without date/time info. I'm retired and around home most of the time, and will respond to most PM's promptly.

Mar 06, 2016 at 01:07 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.