Handful more.

Cheers!

Jeff

Mar 05, 2016 at 01:20 PM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · More Rodin

Interesting project photographing these wonderful sculptures in a museum setting. As you mentioned, challenging as to lighting. The ones I that I think you captured best are those with the isolated black backgrounds: the hands, and the man from the chest up (Is that Rodin himself?). To think that these all started from a block of shapeless stone...

Mar 06, 2016 at 03:18 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · More Rodin

For me, its always hard to isolate the art from the image. I want to choose my favorite sculpture first and the image second.

The third is my pick for sculpture, the first and second would be my pick for image.

Mar 06, 2016 at 03:33 PM
beavens
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · More Rodin

eeneryma wrote:
Interesting project photographing these wonderful sculptures in a museum setting. As you mentioned, challenging as to lighting. The ones I that I think you captured best are those with the isolated black backgrounds: the hands, and the man from the chest up (Is that Rodin himself?). To think that these all started from a block of shapeless stone...

Thanks for the feedback, Steve!

I definitely think you're right about the backgrounds, and those are the shots I tried to get more of. There were a lot more I'd like to have tried to get, but backgrounds/ceilings were not playing nicely. I don't believe that the bust is Rodin himself - he had more blocky features.

---------------------------------------------

ben egbert wrote:
For me, its always hard to isolate the art from the image. I want to choose my favorite sculpture first and the image second.

The third is my pick for sculpture, the first and second would be my pick for image.

Thanks Ben! That seems to be the Catch-22 when taking these kinds of images - captures of other art where you are muddying the waters by combining the actual piece of art with the capture. You may not like the piece of art captured but you dig the image, or vice versa.

It sometimes feels like cheating because Rodin did all the real work!

Jeff

Mar 07, 2016 at 08:20 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.