Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Sold: Leica iiif "kit" - open to trades and offers -$590

jtbold
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Leica iiif "kit" - open to trades and offers -$590

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Leica iiif kit

Sold

Price: $590.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 8+ Shows moderate wear or finish marks
Shipping instructions: USPS priority covered in the US

Say its 1953, you just got a raise from $2 an hour to $2.05 and you are feeling flush. Time for a new camera - how about one of those new Leica iiif's you saw in life magazine. But not just the camera for you Mr. new junior associate assistant to the vice president, oh no, the $.05 an hour is burning a hole in your pocket.

Of course you get the body, in awesome shape with the cap - comes with the original manual that some guy a long time back was nice enough to write the serial number from your camera on! You also spring for the hardcover copy of the manual... that collapsible 50MM elmar - just the ticket - make sure it has both metal caps.

You think about junior and those baseball games, so let’s get a 135MM lens too - both caps of course. But then the viewfinder won't show me the correct view you say, so the sales guy is kind enough to also sell you a Leica 35-135mm variable viewfinder.

Family shots, that might placate the wife when you get home so you pick up a cool agfa flash and yashica collapsible tripod (too be honest I have no clue when the tripod is from but this version fits my story).
Finally cases – yes you need cases – leather Leica ones for your 50MM & viewfinder and even two for your new camera. One of them is kind of beat up, but the one in great shape has someone else’s name on it – maybe you use that one when you being a double naught spy!

Ok real story, my wife uses cameras to decorate and about 15 years ago I went crazy buying them all over Florida. We are moving and going through boxes and I came across all this – plus other stuff. I have not used it but seems to work, and the shutter speeds sound about right. Shutter curtain looks great, the 50MM and body are in simply great shape, 135 has seen some wear but all the glass is clean and they couple to the rangefinder in the camera.

If I am crazy on the price let me know – primarily if I am too low, happy to take higher offers.

Would be interested in trading for a nikon 85mm 1.8 or a fuji x-t10

Edited on Mar 10, 2016 at 11:33 AM · View previous versions

Mar 05, 2016 at 11:17 AM
jtbold
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Leica iiif "kit" - open to trades and offers -$590

more photos

Mar 05, 2016 at 11:18 AM
jtbold
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: Leica iiif "kit" - open to trades and offers -$590

and more

Mar 05, 2016 at 11:18 AM
matthewm
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sold: Leica iiif "kit" - open to trades and offers -$590

Bump for a heck of a story! A real nail-biter. Right to the end!

Also... A lovely example of the III. Someone would be happy adapting these lenses to a mirrorless setup, I'm sure.

Mar 09, 2016 at 09:09 AM
Wysongj
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sold: Leica iiif "kit" - open to trades and offers -$590

Drooling!!! Any interest in a Leica X1 digital?

Mar 11, 2016 at 09:13 AM
jtbold
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sold: Leica iiif "kit" - open to trades and offers -$590

Nice camera, but I don't need to add another to bait she who must be obeyed. I will sell the camera, 50mm, cases and books for $460 if anyone is interested.

Mar 11, 2016 at 10:20 AM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.