New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Another question on computer monitors

sdgnh
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Another question on computer monitors

Thanks for the advice on my other thread, but now I think I found a monitor that will work, but am not sure.
It looks like it has built in color calibration software, but that makes me wonder if it is accurate.

The one I am looking at is Eizo CS240 ColorEdge 24.1. ($826) It was recommended by B & H.

My current Viewsonic is 6 years old and I have been using the Eye One Match 3, which is also outdated.

I would love to hear if anyone has info on this monitor. I am just starting out with a small photography portrait business, so money is a bit tight. However, I can"t seem to get good color for editing on my current monitor.

Any help would be appreciated very much. Thank you.
Nancy

Mar 01, 2016 at 08:48 PM
skid00skid00
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Another question on computer monitors

You seem to be suggesting that because Eizo includes calibration software, that they do it to make a crappy display acceptable.

No.

Eizo is also a highly regarded display manufacturer, but I'm surprised at the very low price you are quoting. There typical pro displays are many thousands of dollars...

How far out of calibration is the Viewsonic? Can you seriously not get good prints? (Who's printing? Are *they* messing up, or are you not sending them images with the needed profile?)

Mar 01, 2016 at 11:08 PM
sdgnh
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Another question on computer monitors

No, that isn't what I meant. I just wondered if that would be enough for calibration or would I also need to update my X Rite.

I know this brand is an excellent brand, and this is a lower price than most of their monitors. The color calibration software was confusing.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1083422-REG/eizo_cs240_coloredge_24_ips_lcd.html

I can get good prints, but they are off from my monitor, so I am always trying to correct for a slight red/magenta cast. I printed through WHCC and used their color profiles.

One other factor is looking at this monitor for extended periods of time is very hard on my eyes. So the reduction in the flicker might help in that area.

I know it is a combination of perfecting my editing skills, as well as a need for an updated monitor. Maybe I am wrong. I certainly would love to save the money. It just seems lately my images on the screen seem pink when looking at another or asking someone to color check.

Mar 01, 2016 at 11:25 PM
sdgnh
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Another question on computer monitors

I appreciate your patience. Although I am trying to educate myself on the differences of the monitors, much of it is still confusing.

Thank you.

Mar 01, 2016 at 11:31 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.