Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · CIS University Men's Basketball Playoffs - MacEwan vs U of A

3oh6
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · CIS University Men's Basketball Playoffs - MacEwan vs U of A

There was an early round CIS men's basketball playoff game just a few blocks from my place yesterday afternoon so I stopped in to shoot the game for fun. Their AD was great about letting me shoot, and it was a fantastic game to be in the gym for.

Both teams had 10-10 seasons and it was the final game in a best of 3, and in the home town of both teams so it was a good time. I'm glad I went out.

EXIF should be on all the shots, but I used my standard 5D MKIII/6D combo along with a 300 2.8, 135 2, and 35 1.4. I really love this setup everywhere I use it.

You can see the full set and my story on my site: jodybailey.ca

I always love hearing feedback so feel free to comment, and thanks for looking.

1/ #11 Mamadou Gueye is the standout for the U of A bears.

2/ He did as he pleased out there for the most part all afternoon.

3/ On the opposite side #6 Denzel James stood out in my shots.

4/ He was consistently the one separating himself and getting all the good frames for me.

5/ It was my first time shooting in this gym, and it wasn't too bad. I sat at 4000~5000 ISO for the most part. At F2 or F2.2 I could hit 1/1000 at ISO 4000. The 300 2.8 I was 1/800 at ISO 5000.

6/ I really wish I shot more games in this gym. I've got some good access to unique spots most don't get.

7/ The game was tight the whole way with U of A coming back from down 5 or 6 with a couple minutes left.

8/ Who wants it?

9/ A couple late free throws put the Griffins up by 1 with a few seconds left.

10/ The U of A Bears scored with 1.3 seconds left, and the Griffins bench showed their disbelief.

Feb 29, 2016 at 09:54 AM
pattywatty
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · CIS University Men's Basketball Playoffs - MacEwan vs U of A

Nice and crispy - thanks for sharing!

Feb 29, 2016 at 03:05 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.