New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · First time here... + Rework added in thread

Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · First time here... + Rework added in thread

Putting these out for your comments and thoughts.

Johanneskirche, Schwäbisch-Gmünd, Germany. Sort of cliche interiors.

Thanks for looking,

Bob

Edited on Feb 28, 2016 at 09:33 PM · View previous versions

Feb 28, 2016 at 08:17 AM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · First time here... + Rework added in thread

Both of these are very nice Bob. The first might benefit from some lens correction. An exposure that protects the stained glass from highlight loss would be nice. At 23mm, you could use a shutter speed of 1/25 hand held allowing you to lower the ISO to the point where you could then dig out the shadows. This is assuming you did these handheld. If you had support or if you are quick you could bracket the exposure and blend. I like the texture in the stone of both.

Morris

Feb 28, 2016 at 08:55 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · First time here... + Rework added in thread

morris wrote:
Both of these are very nice Bob. The first might benefit from some lens correction. An exposure that protects the stained glass from highlight loss would be nice. At 23mm, you could use a shutter speed of 1/25 hand held allowing you to lower the ISO to the point where you could then dig out the shadows. This is assuming you did these handheld. If you had support or if you are quick you could bracket the exposure and blend. I like the texture in the stone of both.

Morris

Morris,

Thank you for your very helpful suggestions and comments.

Yes, HH, and set for my attempt to keep up with active 4 & 6 year-old grandkids in a street environment. Changing settings when we entered the church totally escaped me, and ironically the kids were very respectful and moved about slowly and quietly. Lesson hopefully learned.

I may be able to recover more detail from stained glass - I'll have to see about that.

I appreciate your commenting,

Best,

Bob

Reworked from RAF

Edited on Feb 28, 2016 at 09:28 PM · View previous versions

Feb 28, 2016 at 06:46 PM
Chuck D
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · First time here... + Rework added in thread

Congratulations on posting. I like the patterns in the ceiling in the second shot, especially if the shadows were brought up. They are interesting enough to consider shooting both vertical and horizontal. It's too bad the lone church goer wasn't in the light; it would have added additional interest. Or you could have seated those remarkably respectful grandchildren in the light

Chuck

Feb 28, 2016 at 09:00 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · First time here... + Rework added in thread

Chuck D wrote:
Congratulations on posting. I like the patterns in the ceiling in the second shot, especially if the shadows were brought up. They are interesting enough to consider shooting both vertical and horizontal. It's too bad the lone church goer wasn't in the light; it would have added additional interest. Or you could have seated those remarkably respectful grandchildren in the light

Chuck

Thanks Chuck,

Wouldn't press my luck with the kids - their mother had them well in tow. I normally hang out on Black & White Vision but the color bug has bitten me recently.

Appreciate your comments,

Bob

Feb 28, 2016 at 09:38 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.