New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2016 · Lily Joy {Irish Princess}

Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lily Joy {Irish Princess}

Congratulations to Lisa_Holloway for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 6 votes - View Previous Winners

Let me just start off by saying that this is the most fun I've had shooting in a good long while! I teamed up with a good friend of mine and we had an amazing time planning and shooting this session. We had a fun girl's weekend in San Diego and did this shoot in 2 parts - the first was an Irish renaissance princess inspired shoot in San Diego's Balboa Park. The second part was more of a boho look done at sunrise in a grassy area we found while driving around and getting lost - haha! We were actually stopped by the police just as we were leaving and told we were in a conservatory and there was no photography allowed. I didn't see a sign and honestly had no clue - you can shoot almost anywhere you want here in Arizona so that was a shocker. Luckily, Suzy was very careful with her words and managed to talk us out of a $500 fine. Eek! Anyhow, I am eternally thankful he showed up AFTER we finished and not before. The light was AMAZING and changed so much in a short period of time. The morning started off with a thick fog, and as the sun started to rise and slowly permeate the fog, everything took on a stunning hazy, golden hue. I've never seen light like this before, but it was, simply put, glorious!

I think it goes without saying that the photography gods were smiling down upon us for both of our shoots with Lily. Aside from the minor incident at the grassy sunrise location, we somehow managed a few moments to shoot in an empty tunnel/walkway at Balboa Park on Saturday. For those of you who have been there, you'll know how lucky we got. I didn't have to Photoshop a single person out of those images, which is nothing short of a miracle! We are doing another fun shoot together with a gorgeous set of twins next weekend, and I can't wait! These types of shoots are my very favorites. As I near the end of my pregnancy and am winding down on client work, doing these projects is fun, rewarding, and stress free.

Without further ado, here is part I of our shoot with Lily - our little Irish princess. She has been likened by many to a real life Disney Merida from Brave. I totally see it! Lily rocked both of these shoots; so much credit goes to this little lady for how these images turned out. She was such a talented model and one of the best kids I've had the pleasure of working with. I'm already planning in my head a shoot with her in the red rocks.

8 Part 2, a sunrise shoot the following morning in a foggy marsh....

Edited on Mar 15, 2016 at 05:34 PM · View previous versions

Feb 26, 2016 at 07:08 PM
4meNex7
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lily Joy {Irish Princess}

Absolutely stunning Lisa! Beautiful lovely young lady. Number 17 is so magical for me. Your talent with color amazes me. Thank you for sharing.
Ed

Feb 26, 2016 at 07:23 PM
DownToThis

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lily Joy {Irish Princess}

Lisa, these are amazing (as usual with your work) and you're right about the lighting and fog, makes it look surreal!

Feb 26, 2016 at 07:24 PM
coreybell
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lily Joy {Irish Princess}

Great set Lisa. I agree on the colors being really nice.

Feb 26, 2016 at 07:43 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lily Joy {Irish Princess}

Thank you!

Feb 26, 2016 at 07:51 PM
tgrantster
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lily Joy {Irish Princess}

The foggy marsh shots are spectacular...amazing light. That being said number 3 and the way you framed her with the light is really something special. Love it. Can't believe St. Patty's is only a couple weeks away!

Feb 26, 2016 at 07:54 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Lily Joy {Irish Princess}

Love it, Lisa! I was wondering if it was foggy that morning, or some of your PS magic. That light clearly was phenomenal and you really capitalized on it.

What's really cool about these shots is how different Lily is in one shoot, and then the next. It's like there were two different models. That's as much a part of how you shot as it is her.

I can't pick a fave, because I can't. But I can vote for Featured Thread of the Week!

Feb 26, 2016 at 08:22 PM
agelessphotog
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Lily Joy {Irish Princess}

Amazing!

Feb 26, 2016 at 09:36 PM
Vcook
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Lily Joy {Irish Princess}

Spectacular, just phenomenal work

Feb 26, 2016 at 09:38 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Lily Joy {Irish Princess}

Thank you!

Feb 27, 2016 at 12:42 AM
haleym77
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Lily Joy {Irish Princess}

Gorgeous! Love the greens and oranges. The blue looks stunning with the orange, too.

Feb 27, 2016 at 12:53 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Lily Joy {Irish Princess}

More stunning creativity Lisa! The compositions are magical! The subject just beautiful.
Dan

Feb 27, 2016 at 01:06 PM
unclechuck
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Lily Joy {Irish Princess}

Lisa,

Your work is always exceptional; this is another outstanding set.

Love the confident gaze and precise detail in #6, and the lighting, color control and skin tones in #17. That has to be tricky.

Charles

Feb 27, 2016 at 06:27 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Lily Joy {Irish Princess}

Thank you all!

Feb 28, 2016 at 11:43 AM
Uzay
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Lily Joy {Irish Princess}

especially the ones in the grassy area really stands out, wonderful series Lisa

Feb 28, 2016 at 05:05 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Lily Joy {Irish Princess}

Thank you Uzay!

Feb 29, 2016 at 11:36 AM
hunni

p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Lily Joy {Irish Princess}

Beautiful pictures but my favourite is number 11

Feb 29, 2016 at 05:49 PM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Lily Joy {Irish Princess}

you got the luck of the Irish (actually skill!)

Mar 01, 2016 at 02:18 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Lily Joy {Irish Princess}

Thank you!

Mar 02, 2016 at 02:25 PM
Truebeam

p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Lily Joy {Irish Princess}

Absolutely amazing images Lisa (as always!). Perfect lighting, color, and skin tones.

Mar 06, 2016 at 01:14 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.