Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2016 · Withdrawn: Canon 1Dx

QuanVo
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Withdrawn: Canon 1Dx

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Canon 1Dx with new shutter box

Withdrawn

Price: $1.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 8+ Shows moderate wear or finish marks
Shipping instructions: USPS priority Signature required

Time to downgrade my gear had a used 1Dx with new shutter box on it was replace about 50K clicks ago, owner by a local proffessional photographer in my local area. Camera in very good condition, I just bought a 1D mark iv that's good enough for me to take some pictures of my kid. If you have any question please shoot me PM. It come with OEM charger, 1 OEM battery. No box.
Payment: PayPal Gift or + 3% for regular PayPal. (Price is NET to me...your choice on payment method)
I'll ship via USPS Priority Signature Required
Item will ship from North Dallas and usually can hit the post office the same day, but next day for sure.
Local Pickup in North Dallas available as well.

Edited on Mar 02, 2016 at 08:22 AM · View previous versions

Feb 24, 2016 at 01:10 PM
toddf
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Withdrawn: Canon 1Dx

PM'd

Feb 24, 2016 at 04:16 PM
QuanVo
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Withdrawn: Canon 1Dx

PM reply

Feb 24, 2016 at 05:11 PM
toddf
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Withdrawn: Canon 1Dx

Payment sent. Tag for feedback.

Feb 25, 2016 at 12:27 PM
QuanVo
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Withdrawn: Canon 1Dx

Sold to Toddf and payment received and shipped

Feb 25, 2016 at 09:23 PM
toddf
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Withdrawn: Canon 1Dx

PM send regarding problem found on camera.

Mar 01, 2016 at 07:24 PM
QuanVo
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Withdrawn: Canon 1Dx

PM relied

Mar 01, 2016 at 10:10 PM
toddf
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Withdrawn: Canon 1Dx

Bought used Canon 1Dx from QuanVo, which claimed to be in good condition in his original selling post.
Found Auto-on button stuck all the time and wont activate the auto fucsing function during the vertial shooting mode upon inspectio.
Contacted seller and seller denies existance of the problem and refuse return and refund.
Had to go through paypal dispute and claiming process to get my money back, plus waste of money on shipping and insurance, plus the emotional disturbance went through the process dealing with the dishonest seller, plus the time and money spent on getting third party to prove the malfunction of the camera.
Save your hard earned money and precious time buying camera from somebody else!

Mar 11, 2016 at 10:44 AM
QuanVo
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Withdrawn: Canon 1Dx

I posted up very clear and distinct pictures on the product and there was absolutely nothing wrong with it when I tested it out. I was more than happy to send in and answer any additional questions that the customer had. I made it very clear in my ad that all sales were final. I packaged the camera in a way where it would not get damaged in anyway possible (waterproof cover, foam, cushion). However, when the customer received the camera, he claims that it was damaged and that the auto-on button was stuck 2 days after he received it. After the whole paypal dispute, I received the camera back in worse conditions than when I sent it in. The camera itself was wrapped up in PAPER and was (of course) scratched and a couple of the button that originally worked were all messed up.
I was more than happy to answer any questions or concerns that customers have before shipping out the product.

Edited on Mar 11, 2016 at 07:44 PM · View previous versions

Mar 11, 2016 at 03:37 PM
toddf
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Withdrawn: Canon 1Dx

There's proof from third party stating that the auto-on button is malfunctioned. How would you deny that?
You said the camera has no problem at all and I got proof from canon retailer stating that the camera was malfunction.
You kept changing you post and later change your version to say that the camera has normal wear and tare.
You said your sale was final and there's no place in your post mentioned such.
You sales lemon and play dumb after problem found upon inspection, hoping buyer would suck up with the damaged product and of course you would not accept return once it is out of your hands.
Be aware of the seller's bait and switch and don't go through the hassle to deal with such a nasty sell like I have to. It will bring you headache and bad experience.

Mar 11, 2016 at 07:38 PM
QuanVo
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Withdrawn: Canon 1Dx

Even if there was a malfunction of some sort and you wanted to return the item, the way you returned that item was extremely disrespectful and childish. I sent the camera with great care and made sure that nothing could be damage when it was shipping. After my message to you telling you that all sales were final and that if you wanted to purchase the camera than do go for it and that's exactly what you did. When I receive the package, the camera was scratched in places that were originally not there before. I have pictures to prove it as well video proof of me opening up the package for the first time and seeing the damage that was done.

Mar 11, 2016 at 08:03 PM
Alex Phan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Withdrawn: Canon 1Dx

disregarding the issue you have with the seller, and you got your money back but damn..to return the camera in that kind of boxing? that just wrong dude.

Toddf, i'll make sure you will not get on the my buy/sell list. It is just fuck up the way you return the camera in that kind of shipping/packaging.

Mar 11, 2016 at 08:21 PM
toddf
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Withdrawn: Canon 1Dx

All other sellers sale their used equipment with a good faith and back their product/sales with their reputation and will offer return if there's any problem with the sale. Clearly it is not in this case. Seller use all the tricks she has to twist the fact and to cover the dirty deed. Seller mentioned "there was absolutely nothing wrong with it when I tested it out", those pictures posted by seller actually show the defected auto_on button which of course took down by seller to fit seller's purpose of denying the existence of the problem. Also, sellers description can't deny the existence of the problem at all. It could be seller who didn't notice the problem during the testing but that doesn't mean the camera doesn't have any problem.
Seller also mentioned in the PM that the camera went through repair service by previous owner before and this also indicate that there would be problems with the camera to begin with.
I can't spend more than 3 grand for a lemon and get denied when asking for return. and it is a shame that FM allows a person like this to destroy its reputation and great atmosphere.

Mar 11, 2016 at 08:30 PM
toddf
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Withdrawn: Canon 1Dx

If you have the camera packed very carefully and the button was still found malfunctioned, it is malfunctioned when it is in your procession. And I have the paper from the canon retailer prove it is malfunctioned.

In no place in your PM or initial post did you mention all sales are final. Post a screen shot where you mention in the PM showing your stating there will be no return with the sale before I send the money.

I also have the video taped which shows the condition Of the camera is the same as you have in the original posts, with many scratches on the right lower corner.

The camera body was wrapped with plastic bag, which is what you had in the box that was shipped to me. Cushion is also from the package you sent me. It's what you had that returned to you.

QuanVo wrote:
Even if there was a malfunction of some sort and you wanted to return the item, the way you returned that item was extremely disrespectful and childish. I sent the camera with great care and made sure that nothing could be damage when it was shipping. After my message to you telling you that all sales were final and that if you wanted to purchase the camera than do go for it and that's exactly what you did. When I receive the package, the camera was scratched in places that were originally not there before. I have pictures to prove
...Show more

Mar 11, 2016 at 08:58 PM
toddf
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Withdrawn: Canon 1Dx

Why would you rather disregard the issue to begin with, bubble?
I see you have a lot of trade here. Would you rather sell a piece of defected equipment to someone without truthful disclosure of the problem or tell the truth during the sell.
Do you know how many times seller changed the post to cover up the dirty deed?
Do you know that seller is putting more accusations and excuses to file appeal against the decision made by paypal? What would be your feeling if you found out that the equipment you bought with your hard earned money was a defect and have to go through PayPal to ask for your money back?
If you feel comfortable with all what this seller did, and this is how you treat your customer in photography business, I would question your ethics and certainly put you on a do_not_buy list.

Bubble wrote:
disregarding the issue you have with the seller, and you got your money back but damn..to return the camera in that kind of boxing? that just wrong dude.

Toddf, i'll make sure you will not get on the my buy/sell list. It is just fuck up the way you return the camera in that kind of shipping/packaging.

Mar 11, 2016 at 09:18 PM
Alex Phan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Withdrawn: Canon 1Dx

sure, i've got into the trouble of i have to fill a claim with paypal to get my money back but i don't ship the item back the same way as you did. I can see the hatred when you slam that 1dx into that medium flat rate box. You couldn't even care to put in the other square box. A 5 years old kid can tell you how damage the camera will get in that kind packaging. I'm sure that is your purpose when you ship back. Seriously, you're in the photography business, is that how you pack your stuff when you sell? Get real dude.

Keep in mind, i'm not here to defense for the seller. I'm here just tell you how a jackass you're.

Mar 11, 2016 at 09:40 PM
toddf
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Withdrawn: Canon 1Dx

Your imagination was wrong, would you rather me sending you the video showing how I packed the camera in the post office?
Regarding the last comment you have, it takes one to know one ;-)

Bubble wrote:
sure, i've got into the trouble of i have to fill a claim with paypal to get my money back but i don't ship the item back the same way as you did. I can see the hatred when you slam that 1dx into that medium flat rate box. You couldn't even care to put in the other square box. A 5 years old kid can tell you how damage the camera will get in that kind packaging. I'm sure that is your purpose when you ship back. Seriously, you're in the photography business, is that how you pack your
...Show more

Mar 11, 2016 at 09:54 PM
Kobe B

p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Withdrawn: Canon 1Dx

As another buyer from QuanVo I agree with Bubble. Seriously dude? Even my teenage daughter has more respect and decency to ship it back in better conditions then you did. I have bought one of QuanVo's camera before and I was more than happy with not only is packaging but also his customer service to me. He answered all of the questions that I had and made sure I got all the information that I need.
I am not sure what is going on with Toddf and his way of thinking because really What the fuck. Only from what I've heard that is extremely childish. Wrapping it in what seems like paper and stuffing a $4000 camera in a paper is real cute. Congratulation on being such a dick.

Mar 12, 2016 at 09:55 PM
toddf
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Withdrawn: Canon 1Dx

I'd assume any mature adult would know better to hear the story from both sides and do a little research from the previous posts before speaking up your biased opinion and not to judge base on assumption and false information provided.

Fact is that seller sold a DEFECT camera, which has been PROVED BY CANON RETAIL TECHINICIAN and seller won't admit fault and denies return upon request. It is a piece of junk that seller sold with vertical focusing mechanism malfunctioned.

If you could use your brain to read and think before you speak, you will realize that the camera body has already sustained extensive usage which indicated by the scratches and big blamesh on the right lower corner before the sale (Those cuts and bangs were showed up in seller's pictures during the orginal post). If those bangs didn't cause any damange to the camera's function, I'd trust its durability and have the camera packed in a snug package instead of a large box with more bubble wrap which could cause more vibrations and post more threats to a camera.

If the camera has no problem as it is claimed in his initial post, what's the reason that seller refuse to get it back and back it up with proper refund and return service? Unless the problem was either unknow to the seller or well know and the troubled cammera was purposefully dumped with a quick sale and force the buyer to pick up the tab for the repair.

Seller first refuse to return and refund when I contact him through forum PM and tried to evade the responsibilit by throwing me to the first owner. I made the attempt to contact the first owner and reached no where. I, then realized that I'm stuck with a $3,000+ garbage with no warranty coverage and a wreckage post-sale service from the seller. I had to seek help through paypal which is the only way to get my money back!

Seller then makes false claim for damange to the buttons to be caused by "poor packing" upon package returned and retaliated with negative feedback. The pink plastic wrap and paper wrap was what the camera body came in with and thus appropriate for the return, no more, no less.

My recommandation to you, Kobe B, is to quit talking childish garbage if you can't speak properly with a fair mind and act as an adult, particularly when you are new here and never delt with receiving a defect equpment and going through hassle to get money back. Unless, otherwise, you don't care about the $3~4K you spent or you had some kinda dirty deal between you and seller. Lastly, I'd say Shame On You for being a dad and "d*ck" around on the public forum.

Kobe B wrote:
As another buyer from QuanVo I agree with Bubble. Seriously dude? Even my teenage daughter has more respect and decency to ship it back in better conditions then you did. I have bought one of QuanVo's camera before and I was more than happy with not only is packaging but also his customer service to me. He answered all of the questions that I had and made sure I got all the information that I need.
I am not sure what is going on with Toddf and his way of thinking because really What the fuck. Only from what
...Show more

Mar 13, 2016 at 12:25 PM
QuanVo
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Withdrawn: Canon 1Dx

just get back in town, I will ship it to CPS to find out will get back with you soon. Thank you Bubble and Kobe B

Mar 14, 2016 at 11:32 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.