Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · HS Basketball playoffs

mb126
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · HS Basketball playoffs

High School basketball playoffs have started here in Ohio. Feel free to post c/c, I'm always open to new ideas on things.

I think the first 3 are 5D3 + 70-200 IS II and the last two are 1D3 + 50 f/1.8 USM. This is fairly poorly lit gym so something like ISO 8000, 1/800, f/2.8 was about the amount of light to work with.

Feb 24, 2016 at 12:39 PM
timgangloff
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · HS Basketball playoffs

These aren't too bad, and overall are pretty good, but I'll add my 2 cents worth of critique. Of course, my opinion may or may not be worth anything more than 2 cents.

1. Not bad, but I prefer an unobstructed face for these type of shots. I like contested, just with a better view of the shooters face. Maybe a tighter crop to avoid the chopped fingers on the defender.
2. Good action, but hate when I don't get a better view of the face on a dunk. Maybe tweak the horizon. Could probably crop tighter and fill the frame with the body.
3. Pretty good, just hate when I clip a body part -left foot.
4. Good rebound with face, but a tad late. He is on his way down with the ball and uncontested. Kind of an easy shot to get.
5. This may mean something to the team, but I think it's either past or before peak action. Would like to see some eyes and more emotion. Looks like they are just going through the motions of a huddle break.

While these are all probably sellable to the players/parents, I think with a bit of work, you can make some fantastic images.

Is the white balance perfect? Nope, but I don't really care. It's close enough for me. Is there noise? Yep, but it's a high school gym, and this is about as good as you can do with your equipment. Just work on peak action, faces and emotion.

Feb 25, 2016 at 10:55 AM
mb126
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · HS Basketball playoffs

Thanks for the response, I'll try to work on some of these. I'm shooting at this venue again tonight so I will try different WB setting.

Feb 26, 2016 at 12:57 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.