Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · CrossFit - Battle in the Bluffs Feb '16

jcnemy
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · CrossFit - Battle in the Bluffs Feb '16

I had the opportunity to swing by and shoot for a couple of hours with the hopes of capturing a few shots of CrossFitters I know in the community. Not knowing exactly the lighting conditions of the gym and the how the crowds, judges, and athletes will impact my shots....I went loaded for bear.

I was hoping for a two body, 24-70 and 70-200 f2.8 would cover everything - but decided to keep working my technique, tactic, and procedures with my f1.4 trio....my new 24mm, the 58mm, and the older 85mm. During this session - one D3s had the 24 and the other had the 58 and it worked nicely. Due to cramped quarters - did not break out the 85mm. I do enjoy the two f-stop benefit coming from routine f2.8 glass.

This is the first outing with the 24mm and noticed a lot of OOF shots - so not sure what the deal was, especially since I was selecting my focus point. Will be looking into that - because the lens did seem to focus and acquire nicely in the low-light gym setting. Anyways - add another thing on the to do list.

Thanks for looking,

JC

Edited on Feb 21, 2016 at 05:52 PM · View previous versions

Feb 21, 2016 at 05:48 PM
jcnemy
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · CrossFit - Battle in the Bluffs Feb '16

6-10.

Thanks again for looking

Feb 21, 2016 at 05:49 PM
TrojanHorse
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · CrossFit - Battle in the Bluffs Feb '16

(clap clap)

The B+W really works. My friend owns a cross fit gym, I think you're inspiring me to get off my ass and go over there.

Feb 22, 2016 at 12:57 AM
jcnemy
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · CrossFit - Battle in the Bluffs Feb '16

TrojanHorse wrote:
(clap clap)

The B+W really works. My friend owns a cross fit gym, I think you're inspiring me to get off my ass and go over there.

Thanks for looking and commenting.

Yes - I agree....the B&Ws have a special feeling....definitely adds to the grit of the sport.

I'm sure your friend's gym has several intro packages and such....so check it out and give it try.

JC

Feb 22, 2016 at 07:40 PM
pattywatty
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · CrossFit - Battle in the Bluffs Feb '16

1, 3 and 10 are my favs - love the wide angle on 10 and the lower angle perspective on the other two - thanks for sharing!

Feb 23, 2016 at 10:19 AM
jcnemy
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · CrossFit - Battle in the Bluffs Feb '16

pattywatty wrote:
1, 3 and 10 are my favs - love the wide angle on 10 and the lower angle perspective on the other two - thanks for sharing!

#10 has become my favorite as well...should have put it as the first shot.

With the 24mm...I was using a DR-5 right-angle finder to help get lower perspectives. I'm now thinking that may have affected my ability to gain solid focus points as well as through off my timing. Adding the finder really adds to unique perspectives - so I'll continue to improve on that technique - especially on increasing in-focus shots.

Thanks for looking and commenting patty....

JC

Feb 24, 2016 at 07:38 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.