Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · What kind of value for Bowens Traveller 3000G with 3 heads?

KaBudokan
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · What kind of value for Bowens Traveller 3000G with 3 heads?

I recently picked up a big lot of equipment - a mix of older and modern stuff. Part of the package were 2 sets of Bowens Traveller 3000G lights - so 2 power packs and 6 heads.

The packs are 3000 watts and asymmetrical, so you have several options for how to use the lights. They go down to 1/8 power in 1/3 stop increments, so while they're somewhat flexible, they still don't go very low in power.

EBay sales are few and far between, but the few sales seem to have sold a pack and two lights for around $500.

Any suggestions on what I should ask for a pack with 3 lights? Everything functions well including the modeling lights.

Thanks for any help - I'll maybe list them here before trying eBay, just because this is the best place to buy and sell I've found.

I just took some quick pictures last night, so I'm about ready to list them.

Feb 20, 2016 at 09:43 AM
ukphotographer
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · What kind of value for Bowens Traveller 3000G with 3 heads?

A friend of mine sold a 3000G pack and heads a few years back. He managed to get £800 ($1100) for his. Packs and heads are not as popular as they used to be unless you predominantly shoot studio stuff. A pack and 3 heads would be a useful tool.

The 3000G is pretty small and has quite a long flash duration, very handy if using the HSS Hack. 3K will overpower the sun easily, and you can sync at any speed up to 1/8000s opening your aperture and without any ratio loss.. so could be pretty useful to somebody.

Feb 21, 2016 at 06:23 PM
KaBudokan
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · What kind of value for Bowens Traveller 3000G with 3 heads?

Thanks for the feedback. I ended up listing them here for $700, which I think is reasonable. I've read about the hss hack, but didn't get around to trying.

I think if I find the right buyer I'll be able to sell them at a price we're both happy with.

Thanks again.

Feb 21, 2016 at 07:38 PM
KaBudokan
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · What kind of value for Bowens Traveller 3000G with 3 heads?

For reference, I ended up listing on eBay and one set went for a whopping $510 + shipping. It's fine - less than I was hoping for, but still leaving me making some money.

After someone on eBay inquired about the HSS hack, I gave it a try - pretty impressive and definitely makes the lights more manageable for day-to-day use.

I'm not sure there's a good reason for me to keep the 2nd set, but maybe I will. 3k watts and ability to use at HSS could be handy, even though I don't have a permanent studio.

Mar 03, 2016 at 02:57 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.