New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · The Slot

beavens
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The Slot

Been a while since I've put up one of Lower Antelope from last Fall's visit.

I'm cool with the blown highlights up top - kinda what to expect with light pouring in from above.

If you look up, you can see that there is a rock formation referred to as "Bruce". You might recognize him from Finding Nemo.

Cheers,

Jeff

Feb 19, 2016 at 07:37 PM
lighthound
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The Slot

Great textures and use of lines here Jeff. Going with a mono I think you could go a bit stronger on your contrast. Especially on the furthest walls being hit with brighter light.

This is one of those moments where you have to shoot at least 3 exposure frames to get both ends. But, being this is a mono I don't think it matters in this case.

I gotta show this one to my GD as she use to be a big Nemo fan and will pick-out Bruce in a heartbeat. That's pretty cool!

Dave

Feb 21, 2016 at 12:46 PM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The Slot

lighthound wrote:
Great textures and use of lines here Jeff. Going with a mono I think you could go a bit stronger on your contrast. Especially on the furthest walls being hit with brighter light.

This is one of those moments where you have to shoot at least 3 exposure frames to get both ends. But, being this is a mono I don't think it matters in this case.

I gotta show this one to my GD as she use to be a big Nemo fan and will pick-out Bruce in a heartbeat. That's pretty cool!

Dave

Thanks for the comments, Dave! Right there with you on the contrast and I was thinking about boosting it a bit with an edit.

I very well may have this shot bracketed, I'll have to take a look.

Tell the GD " 'Alo ".

Jeff

Feb 21, 2016 at 12:52 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.