New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Photo Hosting

OSOFAST
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Photo Hosting

Hi all,
I wonder if you folks can recommend photo hosting websites, that include ecommerce with printing to your clients. Thanks so much, and any input is appreciated.
Jeff

Feb 17, 2016 at 12:08 PM
swoop
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Photo Hosting

I just did this about a month ago. I was using wordpress with a plug in on my own server to host my site and sell images online. Payment was handled through paypal. But the whole thing was just cumbersome, buggy and slow. So I switched entirely to smugmug. I tried other options and I'm sure everyone has a preference but smugmug just worked. It was super easy to use an intuitive. The things I've discovered I don't like about it are its lack of blogging ability. There is a kind of workaround to create new pages and such as blog posts but it's more effort than it should be. The other issue I have with it is its inability to allow you to embed html scripts like google maps and forms and such. I'm also not too sure about its seo capabilities.

But as far as designing a site, having galleries and images and especially its ecommerce abilities, I'm fairly happy with it for the price.

Feb 17, 2016 at 02:27 PM
rw11
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Photo Hosting

you also want a site that won't steal your photos - IIRC, some will do that ("legally" thru their licensing agreement) - at least the sharing sites, instagram and maybe pinterest

Feb 17, 2016 at 02:32 PM
OSOFAST
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Photo Hosting

I looked at smugmug, has anyone used photoreflect.com. Their prices seem more reasonable.
Thanks
Jeff

Feb 17, 2016 at 10:51 PM
KCook0
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Photo Hosting

I use Zenfolio, but I'm just a hobby guy. Dunno how it would work out for commercial purposes. Linky for another discussion -

New Photography Website Platforms

Kelly Cook

Feb 19, 2016 at 02:40 AM
thebmrust
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Photo Hosting

Check out photodeck.

Feb 21, 2016 at 03:39 AM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.