New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Big Island Beach - Slow Motion

billsamuels
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Big Island Beach - Slow Motion

I was going through some of my Hawaii photos from the Big Island this fall and found this photo, which I thought would look better in B&W. I shot it with a Hoya PROND 1000 filter (10 stops), which has been Hoya's answer to the Big Stopper at a faction of the cost. I've gotten some great photos with this filter and it doesn't change the color-cast. By the way, the ISO 50 under the Caption is not a mistake and is something I love about the Canon 6D. I believe it's one of the only models Canon makes that has an ISO setting this low, but it improved the combination of the filter and the ISO to give me the slow ocean water scene.

I did some cropping to get rid of excess ocean.

Comments welcome.

Thanks for looking.
Bill

Canon EOS 6D, EF 24-105mm, F/4L, ISO 50, 30sec Exp., F/16, Hoya PROND 1000 Filter

Feb 15, 2016 at 07:48 PM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Big Island Beach - Slow Motion

Love the foreground...but the background does nothing for me. Would love to see a crop removing the background and just leaving a more intimate foreground image.

Feb 15, 2016 at 08:11 PM
billsamuels
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Big Island Beach - Slow Motion

chez wrote:
Would love to see a crop removing the background and just leaving a more intimate foreground image.

Chez,

Are you saying I should crop the entire photo down to just the cement pier posts?

I admit that the background isn't the most interesting, but I thought it gives the foreground balance.?.

Edited on Feb 15, 2016 at 09:28 PM · View previous versions

Feb 15, 2016 at 08:34 PM
billsamuels
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Big Island Beach - Slow Motion

Chez - is this what you were thinking about?

Feb 15, 2016 at 09:27 PM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.