Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · New approach to a basketball shot?

Nuchuga
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New approach to a basketball shot?

Hey FM, so one of the players on the team requested that i capture a somewhat dramatic image of him not showing his face while playing so this is what i came up with! I know its been done before so its only a "new approach" to me however let me know what ya think!

Feb 12, 2016 at 01:20 PM
Russ Isabella
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New approach to a basketball shot?

I guess it depends on what you mean by dramatic, but this doesn't work for me because the only thing that could be construed as dramatic is the absence of color. To my eye, dramatic requires a source of tension, so maybe we need to see what's going on in front of him as he attempts to inbound the ball. And why cut off so much of his body? I'm not saying the choices you've made here are wrong, but you should have reasons for each of them, all contributing to the goal you've set for the image. Just because I'm not seeing them doesn't mean they aren't there, but good images tell their own stories.

Feb 12, 2016 at 02:51 PM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New approach to a basketball shot?

Nate... I think Russ is on the mark with having a plan, but I also think that sometimes a plan can formulate while in the moment too...

For me, the unbalanced crop is creating a distraction for me. I think the back shot could have potential and I like the B/W treatment, but the way you have cropped it is what's causing the most distress.

Feb 12, 2016 at 08:38 PM
kateman
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New approach to a basketball shot?

Nate,
just take a look the images captured by these two photographers. both of them have superb eyes. they know of what they speak.
FWIW, i like the image.
keep sharing
b

Feb 12, 2016 at 08:50 PM
gschlact
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New approach to a basketball shot?

I wonder if you think the image is stronger.... if you were to crop off the top just a I've his head, and crop off the right side just past his fingers?

Feb 13, 2016 at 09:49 AM
schlotz
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New approach to a basketball shot?

Nate, you couldn't have received better input. Both Russ & Paul are spot on. The positive take away here is that you are attempting, and now have something more to incorporate for the next try. Never stop shooting, never stop learning.

Feb 14, 2016 at 09:34 AM
Nuchuga
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New approach to a basketball shot?

Russ Isabella wrote:
I guess it depends on what you mean by dramatic, but this doesn't work for me because the only thing that could be construed as dramatic is the absence of color. To my eye, dramatic requires a source of tension, so maybe we need to see what's going on in front of him as he attempts to inbound the ball. And why cut off so much of his body? I'm not saying the choices you've made here are wrong, but you should have reasons for each of them, all contributing to the goal you've set for the image. Just
...Show more

---------------------------------------------

P Alesse wrote:
Nate... I think Russ is on the mark with having a plan, but I also think that sometimes a plan can formulate while in the moment too...

For me, the unbalanced crop is creating a distraction for me. I think the back shot could have potential and I like the B/W treatment, but the way you have cropped it is what's causing the most distress.

kateman wrote:
Nate,
just take a look the images captured by these two photographers. both of them have superb eyes. they know of what they speak.
FWIW, i like the image.
keep sharing
b

schlotz wrote:
Nate, you couldn't have received better input. Both Russ & Paul are spot on. The positive take away here is that you are attempting, and now have something more to incorporate for the next try. Never stop shooting, never stop learning.

Trust me, the images the photographers above always leave me in awe and I could not express how much I appreciate the feedback I have received. If they weren't honest, I would never have a need to improve and I cant thank all of you enough for speaking truthfully! As always, ya live and ya learn. In comparison to many of the sports shooters on here, I am still a little baby and I have TONS to learn. Thanks!

Feb 16, 2016 at 12:31 AM
rassilon

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · New approach to a basketball shot?

I still like it. I have a few of these shots a game because the player is right in front of my throwing it inbound.

Feb 23, 2016 at 11:14 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.