New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Maybe it's me

DaveOls
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Maybe it's me

In some photo forums the poster says to click on the image to see it better. For some reason when I left click on images here, the image gets smaller and has no options for a loupe or a larger image. Is it me, my computer or does it do this for everyone? And how do you look at a larger image other than CNTRL + .

Feb 12, 2016 at 08:17 AM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Maybe it's me

Dave, I think Fred's "lightbox" functionality (left click) is only intended to dim the lights and allow us to see the entire image (not even sure about that) - not to enlarge the photo. If that's the case, many images would indeed be smaller than the poster uploaded.

Also, the photos shown aren't full res so zooming in may do more harm than good as far as studying detail - which is why folks sometimes post 100% crops.

Feb 12, 2016 at 08:22 AM
DaveOls
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Maybe it's me

Thanks for the answer. I think that DPR has zoom and loupe functions on a clicked image.

Feb 12, 2016 at 08:54 AM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Maybe it's me

I think the image can only get as big as the uploader made it. For example I set mine to 1100 pixels for web. So your not going to able to view it any larger I would have thought.

Feb 12, 2016 at 09:03 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Maybe it's me

Generally people post their pictures here at a size we can see large on our screen. And why not? Show them large for best effect. Posting a small one you can click on to make it big makes no sense to me. You'd be adding a step many will not take.

Some of course post links to NSFW stuff - a good move. Other post links to their regular shots - not a good move. That's because only some will click on their links and they will get half as many views and comments as imbedded photos.

Feb 12, 2016 at 01:39 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.