New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Canon TS e 45mm

igorveres

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon TS e 45mm

Hi, whether someone uses ts-e 45mm 2.8 for weddings? If so what are the experiences (sharpness, rendering, bokhe, af precision...etc.) and what is compared to TS-e 24mm f3.5 mk1 ...thanks!

Feb 11, 2016 at 04:01 AM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon TS e 45mm

I have the ts17, t24, and ts90. I did not get the ts45 because it is a bit weak in sharpness. It gets pretty good at f8 but not nearly as good as ts24 at f8. I use them for landscape. I am waiting patiently for a ts45 v2 from canon.

Summary: sharpness - average and must be stopped down, af precision = not available, bokeh = not great because you have to crank up the f-stop to get sharper, rendering = I don't know because I don't have it but I am very happy with TS17 or TS24 or TS90. However, no one buys TS45 for sharpess alone, they buy it to avoid bowed vertical lines (shift) or longer plane of focus in landscape (tilt) or miniaturization (reverse tilt).

a bit weak wide open but okay at f8
http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/ISO-12233-Sample-Crops.aspx?Lens=348&Camera=453&Sample=0&FLI=0&API=0&LensComp=348&CameraComp=453&SampleComp=0&FLIComp=0&APIComp=4

On the other hand, the TS17 and TS24 and ts90 are really good stopped down to f8 or f11:
http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/MTF.aspx?Lens=486&FLI=0&API=2&LensComp=487&APIComp=2&CT=AVG

Comparing Ts45 vs TS24:
http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/ISO-12233-Sample-Crops.aspx?Lens=486&Camera=453&Sample=0&FLI=0&API=2&LensComp=348&CameraComp=453&SampleComp=0&FLIComp=0&APIComp=3

Keep in mind that the ts24 can be used with the 1.4x to be about TS45.

I have not shot weddings myself but I think that the only reason you would buy it for weddings is the miniaturization. Because it does not autofocus and its not particularly sharp wide open. If you are getting it for avoiding vertical bowing (shift) I would get the ts24 and use a 1.4x - mind you that would be f5.6.

Feb 11, 2016 at 09:00 AM
Rajan Parrikar
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon TS e 45mm

TS-E 45 - I wish Canon comes out with an update soon. It is a good landscape lens and for certain indoor photography (food on the table, for instance) but it is not the sharpest arrow in the TS quiver, and has noticeable CA.

What situations do you foresee using it in a wedding?

Added: See the first image here.

Feb 11, 2016 at 04:02 PM
Josef Isayo
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon TS e 45mm

For shooting portraits the lens is great. Its sharp in the center with the prefect range for environmental portraits. For landscape and architecture the lens has soft edges with lots of CA.

Feb 11, 2016 at 05:40 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon TS e 45mm

I find it great at all apertures, minus CA that is correctable. Wide open it has a lush tonality and color, reminding one of smooth Leica graduations. Stopped down to f/5.6, the lens is all-around great. Perfect, no, but a bargain for what you get.

A version II? Will probably cost near $2,000. Enjoy the bargain that is now!

I prefer recent production, say 2006 to present for best coatings and probably less use. I think mine is UX code.

Feb 11, 2016 at 08:22 PM
igorveres

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon TS e 45mm

Rajan Parrikar wrote:
TS-E 45 - I wish Canon comes out with an update soon. It is a good landscape lens and for certain indoor photography (food on the table, for instance) but it is not the sharpest arrow in the TS quiver, and has noticeable CA.

What situations do you foresee using it in a wedding?

Added: See the first image here.

Hi, thanks for info...I would like to use lens for session with bride and groom and some details at home, churc and portraits...

Feb 12, 2016 at 04:23 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.