Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Sonia & Dianah (black and white)

Fosdinovo
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sonia & Dianah (black and white)

I posted recently some pictures with strong colors. Here are a couple of black and white pictures of mine.
In the first one I was experimenting with some new lighting ideas (for me that is). I used only one strobe here with a gridded snoot as the main light and a strip light from behind left from the camera. I put a glass brick in front of the main light to spread the light a little bit and got some nice things happening for the background also. Unfortunately Sonia couldnīt light the cigarrette because it was not possible to have any smoke in the studio and I didnīt want to try to make it artificially either. Comments are welcome!

Teemu Salminen
http://fototeemun.galleria.fi/kuvat/Models/

1) http://fototeemun.galleria.fi/kuvat/Mix/Sonia13017B.jpg/_full.jpg
2) http://fototeemun.galleria.fi/kuvat/Mix/Diana08024SmallB.jpg/_full.jpg

Feb 10, 2016 at 09:57 AM
Brev00
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sonia & Dianah (black and white)

I think the first is quite dramatic although a bit too stark for taste. I do like the skin tones quite a bit--a lovely consistent quality to them. I think the shadow may be adding too much dark contrast to her light skin--not crazy about it.

The second is less dramatic but I like it very much. The way you have captured the tight, black outfit hugging her curves is just fabulous. Nice dark tones that pop nicely against the darker background. Excellent attention to detail. Great skin tones again, just enough shadow to highlight her cheekbones. The uniformly dark background, I think works very well here. She seems relaxed with smiling eyes..

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:39 AM
Fosdinovo
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sonia & Dianah (black and white)

Brev00 wrote:
I think the first is quite dramatic although a bit too stark for taste. I do like the skin tones quite a bit--a lovely consistent quality to them. I think the shadow may be adding too much dark contrast to her light skin--not crazy about it.

The second is less dramatic but I like it very much. The way you have captured the tight, black outfit hugging her curves is just fabulous. Nice dark tones that pop nicely against the darker background. Excellent attention to detail. Great skin tones again, just enough shadow to highlight her cheekbones. The uniformly dark background,
...Show more

Thank you Brev00, I appreciate very much your detailed comments.

Teemu Salminen

Feb 10, 2016 at 04:20 PM
Ipanematom
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sonia & Dianah (black and white)

I like them both but agree that the shadow in the first photo is a little bit too harsh. Keep up the good work!

Feb 12, 2016 at 02:56 PM
Fosdinovo
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sonia & Dianah (black and white)

Ipanematom wrote:
I like them both but agree that the shadow in the first photo is a little bit too harsh. Keep up the good work!

Thank you for the comment Ipanematom, there were nearly 800 views of these pictures but only one comment before yours! I was wondering why... Anyway, thank you!

Teemu Salminen

Feb 12, 2016 at 11:26 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.