Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · LIGHT ROOM 6.4 will not let me export to CS5 !

mendo
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · LIGHT ROOM 6.4 will not let me export to CS5 !

Recently purchased lightroom 6 and upgraded to version 6.4. I have never used Lightroom until now.

After doing some edits I want to to export to CS5 to work on the file.

When I go to Photo Edit-in ----all the choices including CS5 are grayed out and unavailable. I am talking about every single option!

Is there a setting, or settings, I need to change to make these choices available?

Is there a problem with 6.4? I was thinking that I should not have upgraded because I was afraid there would be some incompatibility but people in this forum said that everything was OK.

Feb 08, 2016 at 11:09 PM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · LIGHT ROOM 6.4 will not let me export to CS5 !

One solution is subscribing. Beyond that I am guessing simple incompatibility between programs.

Feb 08, 2016 at 11:17 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · LIGHT ROOM 6.4 will not let me export to CS5 !

just googled the problem and while I didn't see a solution (it was a very quick google) it would seem that you can send LR6 files to CS5 as it seems a couple of users say that LR6 flickers when the image is sent back (that does at least indicate you can 'edit in' cs5 )

before you upgraded to 6.4 had you tried to send anything to CS5 ?

maybe some preferences have got messed up or something

Feb 09, 2016 at 10:46 AM
Jman13
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · LIGHT ROOM 6.4 will not let me export to CS5 !

Well, you won't be able to round trip to CS5, at least not with the RAW file. I'm not sure what the issue is particularly here, but since CS5 won't have the latest ACR data, it won't be able to take the RAW file. You should be able to open a processed copy in CS5, however, and then Lightroom will generate a JPEG, TIFF or PSD (depending on your preference) for editing.

Feb 12, 2016 at 08:33 AM
DanBrown
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · LIGHT ROOM 6.4 will not let me export to CS5 !

The solution might be to convert to DNG when you import the RAW file into Lightroom. Then try to send the file to CS5. Even if that fails, the file should be okay to open in CS5 directly, and the LR edits will be saved in the file since it is DNG.

Feb 12, 2016 at 09:02 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.