Reagan

It's OK. I got it.

Feb 10, 2016 at 07:26 AM
Helen Oster
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · D7200 Refurb

Buffer wrote:
Hi Helen...I'm the OP....keep an eye out for order 17337461-1....when it returns (8 to 10 days), then I'll post of the outcome.....thanks

We are expecting it back on Friday - have asked the Receiving Manager to prioritise processing for you.

Feb 10, 2016 at 02:14 PM
jim allison
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · D7200 Refurb

Sometimes when manufacturers don't want to disrupt the retail market place, but need to move merchandise, for any number of reasons, they will "manufacture" so called reirbs.
Sometimes they are called "B" stock or salesman's samples. I have no definitive proof that Nikon is doing this, but I suspect it firmly. As a veteran of over thirty years in the wholesale camera business, I have seen companies resort to this several times in the past. Given Nikon's current economic condition and the overall health of the camera business, it's a pretty safe bet that they've been doing this for the past several years.

Feb 10, 2016 at 02:19 PM
ahamp
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · D7200 Refurb

Mine will be here Friday. I have found Adorama's customer service to be top notch. I suspect the OP will witness this firsthand.

Feb 10, 2016 at 04:05 PM
Buffer

p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · D7200 Refurb

Reagan wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^
You might want to send her an email also

Reagan

Thanks Reagan....

Feb 10, 2016 at 05:53 PM
viczig
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · D7200 Refurb

Helen Oster wrote:
We are expecting it back on Friday - have asked the Receiving Manager to prioritise processing for you.

You got to love FM for stuff like this and an example of great customer service.

Feb 10, 2016 at 07:22 PM
elkhornsun
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · D7200 Refurb

If a product does not pass QC on the production line and then gets the issue corrected it is not a "refurbished" camera. I don't know where people get that silly notion. It is a camera that has been returned to the manufacturer and then repaired and brought back to factory specifications.

Years ago in the 1990's the computer and printer manufacturers used to get a lot of returns where people got frustrated trying to get them to work but there was nothing wrong with them. The manufacturers would re-kit them and then sell them as new. The state and feds put a stop to this and consumers had to be notified that they were refurbished.

I doubt that simple returns of cameras are that significant in number. There are far more situations in the past years, as with the problems with the first Nikon D600 cameras, which were returned to Nikon. Nikon's people repaired the shutter and then these were sold as refurbished cameras.

Why would the warranty on a "new" camera be 365 days and those for a "refurbished" camera be 90 days if they were both coming straight out of the factory? This is truly magical thinking.

Feb 10, 2016 at 08:14 PM
Reagan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · D7200 Refurb

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Price point could be one reason
but I am just guessing
I don't know what happens behind closed doors

Reagan

Feb 10, 2016 at 09:41 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · D7200 Refurb

elkhornsun wrote:
If a product does not pass QC on the production line and then gets the issue corrected it is not a "refurbished" camera. I don't know where people get that silly notion. It is a camera that has been returned to the manufacturer and then repaired and brought back to factory specifications.

Years ago in the 1990's the computer and printer manufacturers used to get a lot of returns where people got frustrated trying to get them to work but there was nothing wrong with them. The manufacturers would re-kit them and then sell them as new. The state and
...Show more

Agreed. Things fixed in the factor before it ever leaves is not a refurb, but a new product.

On the other hand, if they factor sees a QC issue that is cosmetic and does not feel it would impact performance and the cost of correcting the defect is not worth it, they may decide to sell it as a refurb in the same way that other manufacturers use outlet stores for seconds. It would not surprise me if Nikon did this.

As for my own personal experience with Nikon refurbs, my 300 f/2.8 VR was a refurb and it easily could have passed for new. The only thing missing was the 5 year warranty card.

Feb 11, 2016 at 09:25 AM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · D7200 Refurb

Andre Labonte wrote:

Agreed. Things fixed in the factor before it ever leaves is not a refurb, but a new product.

I can tell you it is not. If a unit is lifted from the production line for any other reason than random sampling, it is classified as a refurb, not new

Feb 11, 2016 at 09:27 AM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · D7200 Refurb

Helen Oster wrote:
I can tell you it is not. If a unit is lifted from the production line for any other reason than random sampling, it is classified as a refurb, not new

Interesting ... maybe I got lucky and got one of those ... my lens was in great condition.

Feb 11, 2016 at 01:16 PM
ahamp
• •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · D7200 Refurb

I got my refurbished D7200 from Adorama Friday. Looks like new, just as I expected. Had a little over 2000 clicks on the shutter. I noticed the box is different from any other refurb I have bought. Plus, there are no manuals, which is unlike any of the other refurbs I have bought. Those of you who purchased this have the same experience with box and manuals?

Feb 14, 2016 at 01:55 PM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · D7200 Refurb

ahamp wrote:
I got my refurbished D7200 from Adorama Friday. Looks like new, just as I expected. Had a little over 2000 clicks on the shutter. I noticed the box is different from any other refurb I have bought. Plus, there are no manuals, which is unlike any of the other refurbs I have bought. Those of you who purchased this have the same experience with box and manuals?

Drop me an email: [email protected] with your order number and I'll have a manual sent out to you (Nikon seem to have sent a bunch to us without manuals, but because we are not permitted to open the boxes, we are only finding out after the event)

Feb 14, 2016 at 02:01 PM
TAM63
• • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · D7200 Refurb

I purchased a D810 refurb. Came with 6 clicks on it. New camera - it was perfect. Have a refurb lens, also perfect. As long as purchased from a reputable seller, I have no issue at all buying refurbs.

Camera - I figure if there is a problem, I will find it within the 90 days warranty period. Lens - I'm giving up a lot of warranty, so I want a significant savings to buy refurb.

Feb 14, 2016 at 02:33 PM
Buffer

p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · D7200 Refurb

Rec'd my replacement D7200 from Adorama yesterday....has 675 actuations....but works nicely....only thing is no manual included....PDF manual is ok but one cannot carry it in the field.....overall, great service from Adorama.

Feb 20, 2016 at 07:31 AM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · D7200 Refurb

Buffer wrote:
Rec'd my replacement D7200 from Adorama yesterday....has 675 actuations....but works nicely....only thing is no manual included....PDF manual is ok but one cannot carry it in the field.....overall, great service from Adorama.

According to Nikon, it was never intended that these refurbs would be sent out with manuals.

Feb 20, 2016 at 11:59 AM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.