New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Another Modeling Shoot

matsmithphotography
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Another Modeling Shoot

Hey guys.. I got a chance to shoot another model and this time I shot digital haha. Feel free to leave some comments on what to improve etc!

Thanks!

3. BTS

Thanks for looking!

Feb 06, 2016 at 08:27 PM
SEAyers
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Another Modeling Shoot

She is a beautiful young lady, Mathew. She will be very happy with your images.

Feb 07, 2016 at 10:36 PM
sasho_p
• •
[X]
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Another Modeling Shoot

Nice images of this young lady.

Please take my remarks with a grain of salt, as they might express my personal opinion.

The composition in 4 doesn't work for me
I'd retouch the skin in 5 (leg) and 6 (belly) just a bit to even out the tanning, nothing too heavy.

I'd delete 7. as it's too unflattering as perspective on the legs (they look short) and the socks and tight dress just don't work for me either.

You could leave some space over the head in some of the shots, but that's a matter of taste I guess.

Feb 08, 2016 at 04:09 AM
Brev00
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Another Modeling Shoot

My two favorite compositions are #1 and #6. If you could even out the toning a bit in #1, I might like it more. The hand just seems too bright especially compared to the shoulder in shadow making it the key point of focus. I don't mind the grungy detail in #6. I like it for the bold, graphic quality. I also like the leading line in #8 and the way you played with the depth of field. I am not crazy about the bright window. As the bright point of focus, it is not very appealing. I do like her in the shadows, though. A nice concept. Some of the others strike me as a little too mannered or conceptual like #4. Too many lines and sections. We do see so many variations of the girl on the wall shot that this one is at least different. There is also something a bit clinical about all the white backgrounds with her dark hair and clothes. Maybe one or two color images might be nice to see. Something warmer. Just some thoughts. Take or leave.

Feb 08, 2016 at 09:29 AM
matsmithphotography
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Another Modeling Shoot

Thanks everyone!

Sasho, thanks for pointing out the varied tones in 5, I hadn't noticed that. I agree with 7 as well, I did have another angle of that same shot which was taken from the side; perhaps that would be more appealing.

Brev00, I was actually just talking to Chuck Anerino about the figure to ground relationship last night; he had pointed out (on a different image) that the background drew attention away from the model because it was vastly brighter. And even though, it seems like such an obvious concept, it rarely crosses my mind. I need to incorporate focusing on another compositional technique while shooting. About the color images... it's funny cause I always leave my cameras in RAW and I typically shoot with the BW picture control (just my preference), but somehow my 750 decided to shoot JPG all day so I'm stuck with the BW's lol. I wasn't too bothered by it because I was merely shooting for kicks, nothing paid or serious by any stretch of the word.

Feb 08, 2016 at 09:58 AM
Rbedw

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Another Modeling Shoot

Mat.....sorry I don't have time to go into critique detail but I will share with you my first reaction which is often my best. A quick scroll of all the pictures left me with the same thought. She doesn't look happy. She has the same empty stare in all the shots.This may been your artistic choice, I don't know.

Feb 12, 2016 at 12:48 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.