New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Nikon ViewNX 2 & El Capitan

Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikon ViewNX 2 & El Capitan

Upgraded my iMac to El Capitan. ViewNX 2.6.0 no longer transfers images from card reader to computer.

Downloaded version 2.10.3 from Nikon site and it says it will uninstall earlier version during upgrade.

After typing my password, the installer just jumps by Installation to Additional Installation and freezes.

I have to Force Quit the Installer.

Anyone have ViewNX 2.10.3 working with El Capitan?

Feb 06, 2016 at 05:04 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikon ViewNX 2 & El Capitan

View NX2 has not been supported for quite awhile now (last update 01/20/15 for NX2). It was replaced by ViewNX-i

http://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/download/sw/40.html

Feb 07, 2016 at 12:14 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nikon ViewNX 2 & El Capitan

Thanks.

Feb 07, 2016 at 01:49 AM
tntcorp
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nikon ViewNX 2 & El Capitan

sjms wrote:
View NX2 has not been supported for quite awhile now (last update 01/20/15 for NX2). It was replaced by ViewNX-i

http://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/download/sw/40.html

do you notice any improvements over vw-nx2?

any bugs with the current version of nxi?

thanks for any feedbacks.

tom

Feb 07, 2016 at 02:40 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Nikon ViewNX 2 & El Capitan

its basically the same in scope of operation. its a raw/jpg viewing utility that links to their other programs CaptureNX-D and Camera Control Pro 2.

when Google purchased Nik their relationship parted ways. so for Capture under the Hood is a version of Silky Pix which many love to hate but as a FREE downloadable raw converter one does not complain too much. Camera Control 2 has remained the same and in the ViewNX-i does just what its supposed to do. as to improvements I would say that's a personal view. I have it linked to my other programs DxO 10 an PScc as an optional use tool.

Feb 07, 2016 at 09:09 AM
tntcorp
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Nikon ViewNX 2 & El Capitan

sjms wrote:
its basically the same in scope of operation. its a raw/jpg viewing utility that links to their other programs CaptureNX-D and Camera Control Pro 2.

when Google purchased Nik their relationship parted ways. so for Capture under the Hood is a version of Silky Pix which many love to hate but as a FREE downloadable raw converter one does not complain too much. Camera Control 2 has remained the same and in the ViewNX-i does just what its supposed to do. as to improvements I would say that's a personal view. I have it linked to my other programs DxO 10
...Show more

thank you for your insight. 😊

Feb 07, 2016 at 10:04 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.